PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Suits on rides??

IamBelle
08-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I was wondering if you could wear a bathing suit on water rides. I want to go on Kali River Rapids in AK, but I hate walking around in wet clothes afterwards...would I be able to wear a bathing suit on the ride??

brivers222
08-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't see why not... I have seen many people in bikini tops and bottoms on water rides both at Disney and cedar point.

BrerGnat
08-13-2011, 10:43 AM
You can't wear JUST a bathing suit. It is not considered "appropriate" clothing for the theme park. You can certainly wear a bathing suit and some swim shorts over that, but I don't think you can just wear swimwear on the rides at Disney. I think you'd need to have on a tshirt or tank top over the swimsuit.

Similarly, men cannot walk around in swim trunks and no shirts inside the major theme parks. It's not allowed.

texas211
08-13-2011, 11:05 AM
on my ride, 3 guys went on shirtless, and a woman was in a bikini top and worse white shorts..

gardenia
08-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I've never seem anyone in a bathing suit on this ride, or even shirtless for that matter. WDW does enforce "appropriate" attire.

Many people take a change of clothing and use the lockers at the front of the park.

DNS
08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I've always heard that you have to wear more than a bathing suit in the parks, but I doubt anything would be said for just one water ride. To be sure, you could always email WDW and ask. There is a contact link on their web site.

BugeyedMuggy
08-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Maybe try putting on rain poncho so you don't get so wet. I always thought the fun of it was see how wet you can get.

MarkC
08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
We took some large trash bags with us and then rode it right away so we didn't have to carry the bags all day. We put them on upside down and then punched out a whole for the head and arms. They kept us dry and we handed them to people coming on the ride, so we didn't even have to throw them away. They worked great. You just have to remember to pack them and bring them with you.

iceicebritney
08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
We often wear our suits on the water rides, however you must have something over top. You cannot just wear a bathing suit alone in the parks. I'd suggest a tube dress and a bathing suit underneath.

texas211
08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I must be going to some alternate disney world. I see folks there all the time in what disney supposedly considers inappropriate.

Where what you like, wear shorts, and a back up tshirt just in case.

But standards for guests? If you have the money to be there, you can do it. Seen the bikini tops, and more cheeks (though i'm not really complaining, just saying it is done) at the parks.

WDWdriver
08-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Riders at Kali River Rapids can wear bathing suits (even bikinis) while on the ride or waiting in line. Men can take off their shirts. However, after the ride is over everyone is supposed to wear "appropriate" clothing while in the park.

I could relate some great stories about what guests wear or don't wear while riding Kali. Believe me, we've seen it all.

Disdad13
08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Never really understood people who wear ponchos or garbage bags on this and similar rides. Isn't part of the purpose of this ride to get wet??:mickey:

MarkC
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Never really understood people who wear ponchos or garbage bags on this and similar rides. Isn't part of the purpose of this ride to get wet??:mickey:

If your wife won't ride it with you because she doesn't want to get wet, you bring a trash bag so you can ride it together. I also know people who don't want to get totally soaked, myself included. I don't mind a little wet like splash mountain, but after being totally soaked on KRR I'll take the bag.

crltkcagle
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Glad I saw this I need to add ponchos to my "must buy" list! We are leaving in 23 days! And to answer your question yes it is really fun to get wet, however, I got soaked to the point one year that I could actually ring out my underwear! I was well aware that getting wet was going to happen but this was like I went swimming wet! My entire body was drenched and I was miserable walking around in wet undergarments! I was so drenched while standing in line for bug's life water was dripping off of me! So I will be one of those people wearing a poncho on that ride from now on!