PDA

View Full Version : Question about grocery orders

disneymom15
08-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Our 1st DVC stay is fast approaching (16 days) and I have a question about doing a grocery order. I pulled the order form off the DVC web page, and it says groceries will be delivered on date of check-in after 5pm. Do we have to be there when they are delivered. If not, will they put the items that need to be refriderated away?

sixshot19
08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I can't help you out because I don't know, never done it. That being said we are going in October, staying in a DVC room. If you could update this thread with the outcome of your order that would be great.

I would imagine they would put at least the refridgerated stuff away.

Maleficent's Dad
08-13-2011, 09:18 PM
You do not need be present.
If you order through DVC, they will put your groceries into the refrigerator in your room. It's a nice service.

Just a side note - there are other options for ordering groceries on line. DVC tends to be the most expensive (especially if your order water) - but it is convenient.

disneymom15
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Do you recommend Garden Grocier or someone else.

locutus
08-14-2011, 03:07 AM
I would say if you have a car, stop at one of the local supermarkets off property like winn dixie or publix

Maleficent's Dad
08-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Locutus is correct - offsite shopping with a car is the best option. However, there are two grocery services with pretty good reputations: Garden Grocer and Wegoshop.

NH Disneyfan
08-14-2011, 07:26 AM
I have just recently ordered from Garden Grocer. I even had to change my order. They are fantastic so far, as I could build my grocery order online over time (as plans came together for meals) and when ready to secure a time slot, I was able to order. They charged my visa immediately for the order. Over $200 is free delivery, and since we're staying for 9 days our order easily topped $200.

They will deliver in a 2 hour window and I was able to pick a time later at night. I looked at the DVC grocery service and decided that Garden Grocer was much better. I'll let you know how they work out later this week!

VWL Mom
08-14-2011, 08:47 AM
We've used GG numerous times and have been pleased. I have the order delivered so it is there when we check-in. They hold it in bell services until the room is ready and will refrigerate the cold items. Then they bring it up with the bags.

GG will leave a message on your cell that they have delivered your items if you are not there.

Janmac
08-14-2011, 09:39 PM
If you order from Garden Grocer be sure you get an e-mail confirmation. The second time we ordered from them I didn't notice that we didn't get the confirmation, got to VWL and no food (there had been some sort of glitch during the on-line ordering process). The people at GG were very helpful and got us most of our order as soon as they could (about noon the next day unfortunately for breakfast). But next time I hope I remember to make sure we get the e-mail confirmation. Both times they delivered during the 2 hour window we specified.

Jan

PETE FROM NYC
08-15-2011, 02:52 PM
After reading this thread, I checked out the DVC grocery list. IMHO it seems like they carry about the same stuff that any 7-eleven would carry at a grossly inflated price. When we stayed at BLT last year, we did our shopping at Publix on 192, and we could buy real food at decent prices. Basically what we bought was cold cuts, bread, mayo, bacon and eggs, and some sugar free snacks. DW and I are both diabetic. We were also able to purchase some diet sodas that were not colas.
If you have a car, then my advice would be to head to an outside supermarket.
Better, and more choices, and far better pricing for sure.

Hopeless
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
We will be traveling on the 27th to and staying at SSR and are using Garden Grocer. I've changed my order to add things, both with the orginal and with the changes they called me to confirm as well as make sure that I knew that everything would be held by SSR at the right temps if we were not ther yet.