PDA

View Full Version : plum wine

tink179
08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
When my family and I were last at the World we ate at Teppan Edo and we ordered a bottle of the plum wine. We were going to buy a bottle in the gift shop downstairs, but was afraid it would break in our luggage. I've been trying to find it locally, but I can't remember for sure what it was called. Does anyone one remember? We leave next month for the world again and plan on getting some glasses of plum wine at the Japan cart now that it's available there since we're not dining at Teppan Edo. I would really like to have some for home though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA:mickey:

SBETigg
08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I would go to a local wine store and ask if they carry plum wine. I don't know the names of any, but I have seen it in my wine store here at home. You shouldn't have to provide a name or brand. Any wine store staff should be able to direct you to plum wine in their store, if they carry it.

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Not to long ago I found a bottle of plum wine in a gas station in Virginia of all places. It was wonderful and very inexpensive(OK ...cheap), wish I would have gotten more. I have found that most brands of plum wine are very simular.

PETE FROM NYC
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember yrs ago, TV commercials touting Geiki Kan plum wine. My spelling of that name is probably wrong. I also recall that same company making sake.

McLiberal8
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Try a local Asian market. I have 2 in my city, and they have a large variety of plum wine. Even the cheap bottles are good!

AHOTE
08-13-2011, 02:37 AM
If you like their wine that much ask about having a bottle or two or twelve, :) shipped directly to your home. You can purchase reuseable styrofoam and/or cardboard shipping containers made specifically for shipping wine. You can get them from a variety of sources by searching online for wine shipping containers. I buy wine every year during food & wine and I put it in my checked luggage and I've never had a bottle broken in transist. Check too with your airline to see if they have any restrictions regarding the shipping of wines and spirits. There are just some wines there that you can't get anywhere else especially during the food & wine festival.