PDA

View Full Version : DDP - Major Changes in Participating Restaurants?

Jillirose
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Just looking at the DDP for 2012, I can book ressies in five days. Looked at the list and there are only five TS selections (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012Dining.pdf) at EPCOT?! We haven't done the dining plan for a couple of years, so maybe the change has been gradual. We love both Italian restaurants (not on the list anymore). Anyone else notice the change?

TheRustyScupper
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
1) Non-Disney-owned eateries negotiate differently.
2) They usually sign contracts later in the year.
3) Look for them listed in the October-November time frame.

Jillirose
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh Thanks! Forgot about that... I'm feeling more optimistic. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I used to panic about this every year, but it always works out and everywhere re-signs. ;)

DizneyRox
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh, for a minute I thought they were going to be bringing back diversity in the menus...

Yeah, you need to wait until closer to contract negotiation time. Make your reservations as if they were participating and change if/when you ultimately find out. The reality is, I would be surprised if there were any real changes in participating restaurants. So many people are on the plan and won't eat outside their credits, the restaurants NEED to participate to put people in the seats.

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
3) Look for them listed in the October-November time frame.

It has been even as late as mid-December before they've resigned on some years.

Jillirose
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone!!

big blue and hairy
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I used to panic about this every year,

:scared::beaker:

:sulley:

locutus
08-14-2011, 02:57 AM
disneys pickings for the dining plan keep dwindling. and with what they are charging for meals you may wanna start brown bagging. just kidding but eat outside the resort if you have a car really looks like a better option these days.

disneyfan328
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
does anyone know if Earl of Sandwich is going to be on the list again? I just printed out the 2012 brochure and there is only 1 cs listed in DTD???? This is not going to help me convince the DH to do this trip in January :( and they have taken away one of the snacks so the CS option is becoming less and less of a value :(

Figment!
09-13-2011, 03:11 PM
does anyone know if Earl of Sandwich is going to be on the list again? I just printed out the 2012 brochure and there is only 1 cs listed in DTD????

The participating location list only includes Disney owned & operated locations and any Third Party locations that have signed contracts at this time.

Third Party locations, like the Earl of Sandwich, do not have to sign contracts until December 31, 2011. The full list of Third party locations should be added by December 2011.

Goes4FastPass
09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I count 7 not 5 table service restaurants including the Garden Grill and Akershus.

It's confusing but it seems when there is a charater dining icon it takes the place of the table service icon but it's consistently that way through the whole document like 'OHana Dinner has the table service icon while 'OHana breakfast (Lilo and Stich) has the character dining icon.

and by the way - thanks for the link! :thumbsup: