PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get from DTD to Epcot?

angel2931
08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Next week we have a 9am appt at the BBB in DTD and then Breakfast with the Princesses in Epcot at 10:40. Whats the best/quickest way to get from DTD to Epcot via Disney Transportation? Thanks!!! :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
08-11-2011, 06:17 PM
You might want to try Saratoga Springs bus service. I believe that would be the best but I might be wrong. But you will be cutting it close. I would try and reschedule the BBB.:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
:ditto: You'll be cutting things close as there is no transportation from DTD to any of the parks. You have to either go to a resort first or take a cab (which is the quickest way). Either way, you'll be running very close on time from BBB to a 10:40 ADR in Epcot.

DisneyMom12
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I would take a taxi, you are cutting it real close.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I agree, a taxi would be best due to the time crunch.

If you can't do the taxi, maybe a bus to the Beach Club and a jog over to Norway via the International Gateway?

angel2931
08-11-2011, 09:40 PM
If you can't do the taxi, maybe a bus to the Beach Club and a jog over to Norway via the International Gateway?

Thats what the woman from BBB had suggested when I made the reservation. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions. :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Norway is on the exact other side of World Showcase, you'll need to head towards Future World as the area towards American Pavilion will be roped off.

My money is on that you won't make it, too many things running against you.

A. Busses TO the resorts don't run as often as busses TO DTD. There will be very few people leaving DTD at that time of day, many will be arriving.
B. Beach Club is your best stop, but probably won't be the first stop. Might have Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club then Beach Club, depending on how they are running busses.
C. Might be held up at Intl Gateway with security lines, turnstyle lines, then the trek across the lagoon.

I'd move one appointment, unfortunately, both of those are going to be tough to rearrange.

I think taxi is your only hope, and I'm not even sold on that being able to get you there in time. Entry at the front of the park can be pretty time consuming as well and then the walk is still pretty far.

A jog in August heat, even at 10:30am will undo a lot of the work done by BBB.

angel2931
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks. When I made the ressies, the woman at BBB didn't think I would have a problem. We will have a car, so maybe that day we drive to the park. Thanks!

DizneyRox
08-12-2011, 07:49 AM
With your own car, don't forget about the parking lot trams and the waits for those. That will all but guarantee a delay at security because of the number of people arriving at that time.

There isn't a good solution, each has it's pros and cons. If you can arrange a taxi to pick you up at a certain time, that's your best solution really. You'll get dropped off closer to the front of the park and not have to worry about actual parking, trams, etc.

Good luck...

WDWForever
08-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I'd suggest trying to reschedule one or the other. You don't want to be in rushed frame of mind during your BBB appt or ruin what you just paid for trying to make your lunch reservation.

A Big Kid
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
A bus ride to the Yaght and Beach club will put you a short walk over to the International Gateway. ADR's will be held 30 minutes past your scheduled time.

angel2931
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
A bus ride to the Yaght and Beach club will put you a short walk over to the International Gateway. ADR's will be held 30 minutes past your scheduled time.

Thanks! we are only doing the crown package, and I saw it says to allow 30-45 min for that package. So if it took 45 minutes, that would still give us an hour to get to our ADR's in Epcot. DH and our 2 DSs will be meeting us in Norway. It will probably cut it close, but I think we will make it! (I double checked, our ADR for breakfast is at 10:45, not 10:40). Thanks for everyones suggestions!!:mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I agree with other posts that taxi or rescheduling are your best options. But here's a suggestion:

If they have buses from DTD to Ticket & Transportation Center, take that bus. Then, take monorail to Epcot. Probably not most efficient way. But it may be an option.