PDA

View Full Version : Dining in Japan

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I am really confused with Japan and it restaurants for some reason.. lol

I have never dined in Japan before but I always read some awesome reviews on Teppen Edo and Tokyo Dining. Are they both hibachi restaurants? I love hibachi.. but I am also a sushi eater and I would love to have sushi in Epcot at Japan. Do any of these have sushi on the menu? I youtubed both and they look like the same place and it got me confused!! LOL

Any reviews on both would be great. And any suggestions for some good sushi (not just at Japan) would be appreciated also! :mickey:

VWL Mom
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Tokyo Dining is the sushi restaurant. Teppan Edo is the hibachi one. We've eaten at Tokyo a few times and have enjoyed it.

Mickey'sGirl
08-11-2011, 03:06 PM
You can order Sushi at Teppan Edo (the hibachi restaurant). We always get some sushi to have with our meal.

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks! Now I understand haha I just couldn't get it before.. I thought they were one place with 2 diff names! I cannot wait to try the sushi there. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
The others have it right.

I just thought I'd add that they are in the same building. The hibachi is at the rear of the building and the restaurant is facing the showcase lagoon.

Enjoy ~ it's amazing! :cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you!! :mickey:

Any other restaurants around WDW that serve good sushi??

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Thank you!! :mickey:

Any other restaurants around WDW that serve good sushi??

My hubby loves sushi. He has ordered sushi while eating at the hibachi in Japan, but he wasn't very impressed with the selections. He really enjoyed the sushi at the Polynesian, they have a sushi bar. However, he says the best sushi he's had at WDW as of yet has been at California Grill. In December we might try the sushi place at the Swan and Dolphin resort.

MNNHFLTX
08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I thought Tokyo Dining's sushi was very good, very fresh, and the service is flawless. The restaurant is one of my top three favorite restaurants (along with Boma and Kona Cafe).

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure Tokyo Dining will be on the ADR list for my next trip! I forgot that the Poly had a sushi bar.. at Kona I believe?? I love Kona already so I will definately try the sushi bar there!

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure Tokyo Dining will be on the ADR list for my next trip! I forgot that the Poly had a sushi bar.. at Kona I believe?? I love Kona already so I will definately try the sushi bar there!

Its not actually at Kona. Its the coffee bar right next to Kona. I'm not sure if you can order from the sushi bar while dining at Kona. I don't see why not. Maybe someone will come along who knows for sure.

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Its not actually at Kona. Its the coffee bar right next to Kona. I'm not sure if you can order from the sushi bar while dining at Kona. I don't see why not. Maybe someone will come along who knows for sure.

Thanks! I thought it was apart of Kona because I remember seeing the bar right next to it.

SBETigg
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Tokyo Dining has more than just sushi, though. It is not a hibachi place, but you can get hibachi-style meals ( same flavor/style, just not cooked in front of you), teriyaki, and other Japanese cuisine. I like the Bento Box- a little of everything-- but a lot of food. You could probably split one if you're lighter eaters. And as others have said, you can get sushi selections at Teppan Edo as well. They're both good choices. If you have a good hibachi place near you, you might consider giving Tokyo Dining a try. If you don't, head to Teppan Edo for the experience, very fun.

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Tokyo Dining has more than just sushi, though. It is not a hibachi place, but you can get hibachi-style meals ( same flavor/style, just not cooked in front of you), teriyaki, and other Japanese cuisine. I like the Bento Box- a little of everything-- but a lot of food. You could probably split one if you're lighter eaters. And as others have said, you can get sushi selections at Teppan Edo as well. They're both good choices. If you have a good hibachi place near you, you might consider giving Tokyo Dining a try. If you don't, head to Teppan Edo for the experience, very fun.

Thanks for the info!! We have a very very good hibachi in my area.. so Tokyo Dining would probably be the one to try first. I am craving sushi now after I made this thread! LOL

I haven't been a sushi eater very long.. I am italian, so I like my gravy, pasta, meatballs the whole nine.. it took me a while to like sushi and now I finally love it! Can you tell me what a bento box is? I always hear of it, but I dont know what it is lol. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Can you tell me what a bento box is? I always hear of it, but I dont know what it is lol. :mickey:

Bento box: The food is served in a lacquer box divided into sections. There's usually some sushi(typically California roll, nothing too unusual), some appetizer items like shumai (little dumplings), some rice, tempura, and teriyaki or some other sort of main dish element. It's a sampling of lots of things. The one at Tokyo Dining is pretty ample with portions and selections.

Tinkerbella16
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Bento box: The food is served in a lacquer box divided into sections. There's usually some sushi(typically California roll, nothing too unusual), some appetizer items like shumai (little dumplings), some rice, tempura, and teriyaki or some other sort of main dish element. It's a sampling of lots of things. The one at Tokyo Dining is pretty ample with portions and selections.

Oh my!! I have got to try this!! I love shumai dumplings!! and everything else you mentioned!! Thanks again! :mickey:

HackLaSalle
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
You can also get sushi if I'm not mistaken at California grill and the sit down version of Wolfgang Pucks.

SBETigg
08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Not mistaken. California Grill has one of the only female sushi chefs in the world, Chef Yoshi, and she is amazing. Love sushi at California Grill. But also good at Tokyo Dining.