PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks dessert party rumor

BongoFury
08-11-2011, 08:13 AM
I can't remember where I read it, maybe on another board, but is the dessert party being phased out?

I wouldn't think that they would end something that seems to be a popular event. But then you never know.

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
There's always rumors like this flying around. They're fun to discuss, but until you hear it directly from Disney, don't believe it. As of now, no, there's no indication they're phasing out the dessert party. And why would they? It's a huge cash cow for them with very minimal overhead.

cer
08-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I read that it was one of the events going away with the Grand Gatherings offerings that were also going away. I think I read it in a thread on here somewhere. Hmm...where was that?

cer
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
The thread was under the Theme Parks forum. Not official Disney.

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Grand Gatherings are going away, but the Wishes Dessert Party was not one of the offerings of the Grand Gatherings. That was the Illuminations dessert party, which may be where some of the confusion here lies. There were some other events with the Grand Gatherings as well, but the Wishes Dessert Party is an entirely different thing.

cer
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I misread the post. I saw 'dessert party' and assumed it was the Wishes one. I did not even know there was an Illuminations Dessert Party :blush:

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I did not even know there was an Illuminations Dessert Party :blush:

No shame there. Unless you've been part of a Grand Gathering or some other special event you'd have had no reason to know it!