PDA

View Full Version : Very Merry Christmas Party

beezyboo10
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I have read online about the VMCP and would would like input from others. How is the parade and fireworks different? Are most of the rides open from 7 - 12. If they are open which ones are usually open. And of course anything else you would like to offer up as info.

Strmchsr
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
I would suggest you read all about it in Info Central where there are pictures and descriptions. The fireworks are Holiday Wishes and has a completely different soundtrack from regular Wishes. The parade is also unique and is the only place you can see the holiday floats and the characters in their holiday outfits before Christmas week. There are cookies and hot cocoa served during the party and it "snows" on Main St. The vast majority of the rides are open, though the party is NOT worth it to ride the rides. It's for meeting characters, seeing the parade and fireworks, and shows. If you don't care about those things, don't do the party. It used the be the parties were very limited in crowd size so almost every ride was walk on. Not the case any more. Disney has upped the capacity considerably and now the parties can be pretty crowded.

HackLaSalle
08-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Holiday Wishes is simply amazing. I honestly think it describes words. Its so beautiful and really envokes a ton of emotions. The parade was fun but the soundtrack wasn't as good as it used to be (I made the mistake of hearing the old soundtrack before going to see the parade.) but you see tons of characters that aren't ever around. It was worth the price of admission.

mousetrapper
08-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I'd say if you love the Christmas holiday feel and you love Disney, it's worth the extra money if you have it. The park is transformed into a Christmas/Winter Wonderland in just about every aspect -- visually, audibly -- even your tastebuds get a holiday treat with the yummy sugar cookies and hot cocoa! :santa:

Being able to ride some of our favorite rides well into the night is icing on the Yule Log for my family. :thumbsup:

AllDisney
08-10-2011, 11:02 AM
If you have never done it before....go at least once. It is sooooo worth it:number1:

The parade is like nothing else on property. Seeing all the characters dressed in Christmas attire, the amazing floats it's tons of fun.

The park can get crowded but nothing like being able to ride Pirates of the Caribbean 6 times in a row with no waiting in line is priceless.

emerzmom
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
It is really wonderful holiday fun and it "snows" on Main Street. I agree with the previous statement that it is more about the parade, fireworks, holiday shows and general holiday atmosphere than the rides.
Just my opinion but the Halloween Party is my favorite!
If you are going to be there during one of the parties then you should go!
:mickey:
Julie

ransam
08-10-2011, 06:32 PM
My thoughts are it's really cool. I did it twice, and don't think i'd do it again. not that it wasn't cool, it was. the parade, the fireworks are really worth the price....i found the 2nd time along i found myself being al ittle bored.

beezyboo10
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
thanks for all the advice