PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink

iceicebritney
08-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Whose ordered it in an attempt to complete the challenge? Has anyone been successful?

I've always wanted to do this, or atleast make an attempt to do this! It's on my bucket list.:mickey:

Is one person allowed to eat the kitchen sink or can a couple compete for the challenge?

Basket Mommy
08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I've never tried to eat it by myself. My family of 6 couldn't even finish it. Just eating a little bit made me sick to my stomach. Too sweet!

disney obsessed
08-10-2011, 11:11 AM
We have done it. Family of five who love icecream.
My opinion is that you cannot do it alone.:sick:

cer
08-10-2011, 12:00 PM
It gets really melty before you can finish it, and this was with a group of 4. The toppings get so mushy you cannot identify them.

It sounded fun in theory, but the reality for us is that it was a "check it off the list" kind of experience. Next time we will each get our own individual desserts.

Here is a tip, you can specify what toppings or ice cream you want on it. Otherwise, you will get it all.

Some really like it. It definitely is a bucket list kind of experience. Enjoy! :)

Bucs300
08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I've never tried it before but I've seen other people attempt it before. It really is huge! Here's the list of what's in it... They start with loading up the bottom of the sink with hot fudge sauce, buttercotch sauce and peanut butter sauce. Then you get 8 giant scoops of ice cream, 2 scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and 2 of your choice. Now comes the pineapple topping and strawberry topping, a whole sliced banana, chunks of bundt cake, an entire can of whipped cream, one brownie cut into triangles, angel food cake, on sliced up candy bar, 4 chocolate sandwich cookies, beaches and cream special topping mix, about 20 maraschino cherries, real chocolate syrup and marshmallow topping!!! You don't realize how much is in it until you see it all written down! Now they allow you to make substitutions I believe but this is how it comes if you just order a normal one. :sick:

Checkers
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
:mickey:Definitely not something that one person could do alone, imho. Last Oct. we (a family of 6 adults, 1 child) could hardly finish it. Yes, it is something to take off the bucket list!

chefmickey3
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
My family of 5 finished one in July. We were staying at Beach Club for the first time. Had eaten at Beaches and Cream once but were not hungry for a kitchen sink. We went back another day and had to wait to be seated, so we ate it at 8:30 at night. It is one of our kids' favorite memories. We enjoyed it.

MNNHFLTX
08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Definitely not something that I could do, even with a group people helping out. I just can't tolerate an overload of sweets. I've seen some people attempting it at Beaches and Cream and it almost makes me sick to watch them.

iceicebritney
08-11-2011, 07:31 AM
:thanks: everyone for the responses! It's been a long time since I've been to beaches and seen someone actually order the kitchen sink!

I'd really like to try it. I think it would be entertaining if nothing else!

I just saw some cute videos on YouTube with the kitchen sink. One was an older gentlemen who was so cute! Another was a time lapse of a couple. That gives me hope:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
My husband and I tried it a few summers ago. He convinced me by saying, "We both love ice cream, this is nothing!". Let me tell you.....it was tough. It was a lot of fun, but we really didnt even finish half of it. They threw entire candy bars and chunks of cake in it!

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2011, 04:35 PM
We ordered this for a group of 7, 3 adults and 4 boys, and we didn't quite finish it. I think the boys would have finished it off, but it was all melty before they could get it all. At that point it was kind of gross, all mixed up and watery.

crltkcagle
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
How much is the kitchen sink?

Bucs300
08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
It's $23.99 unless it has went up here recently. That's not to bad really if you have a big group splitting it up. :eat:

jonahbear2006
08-13-2011, 12:19 AM
The price is actually cheaper than getting per scoop at baskin robbins if you have 6 people bc you are getting cake as well. My family of 6 did it while I was 11 weeks pregnant and we ate it all but let me tell ya a little tip, eat fast. you only have about 5 min before it begins to taste disgusting. The first few minutes it is great. If we ever do it again we have already decided to order the whipped cream in the can and spray it as needed. that is just way too much whipped cream. it made our bellies upset. but the experience was fabulous and a scrapbook page in and of itself.