PDA

View Full Version : Episode 20 - Heads In Beds

John
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
The Cast: Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds and John Yaglenski

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)
The Official Ticket Center - http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

Recap of the “argument episode”

Free Dining Returns (see the accommodations forum)

Mel disappears and Ian walks away - while Gary & John talk Yes and the podcast falls apart

AP rates released

Heads in Beds and attendance because of discounts

Shag Merchandise - what is it? Merchandising discussion

Duffy Mention

It’s a podcast - not a video cast. John shows off some of the stuff in his office to the crew

Duffy Ice Cream Bowls now available http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_3733.jpg (http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_3733.jpg)

Kabuki Cafe opens in Epcot

INTERCOT’s Best of – Souvenirs Gary loves his denim shirt. Ian treasures his Tigger production Cel. John enjoys his Eric Robison signed lithograph of the Disneyland Monorail - http://www.ericrobisonstudios.com/disney6.htm (http://www.ericrobisonstudios.com/disney6.htm). Mel has samurai Mickey and Donald

Jennings Osborne passes away. John talks about how it inspired him to take Exterior Illumination to the next level. Edited to add that Ian inserts obligatory Christmas Vacation reference here.

Ranger Stan goes to the National Park in the sky.

What’s your “retiree job” at Walt Disney World?

ESPN The Weekend Ends

Tiki Room Reopening Soon!

Ticket upgrade policy changes.

What about the sponsors?

Tinkerbell Meet and Greet at the Adventureland Verandah

>> Listen, Download & Love Here... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-20.asp)

dpamac
08-10-2011, 07:38 AM
This one comes with a built in game. Spot the nerdy references Ian and Gary make throughout and then giggle to themselves about.

Melanie
08-10-2011, 07:54 AM
And I want to make a sincere apology right off for my terrible computer issues. Drink away! :shake:

Ian
08-10-2011, 09:26 AM
This one was a ton of fun to record, I have to say. I don't know what it was, but Gary and I just tuned ourselves to the same nerd frequency during this show and couldn't control ourselves the entire time.

Good stuff ... can't wait to listen back to this one. :mickey:

Joannelet
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Another great podcast! Thanks! I always know I will laugh at least once while listening!

mickeyman42
08-10-2011, 10:32 PM
great episode guys, and to answer your "canada discount" questions, no next year is not some big anniversary for canada, and yes we have been able to get regular dining and free regular dining just like you have.
However, the first set of canadian only dates that they announced are just after a lot of american schools are back in class (I think!) but before our schools start up (at least where we live), so it appears to be a last kick to entice us to come down before our schools start. which actually will work as this was the strategy that we were going to use next year anyway before the discounts were announced, go the last 2 weeks of summer before school starts, when it has historically been a slower time for WDW anyway.
not sure why canada specifically but I guess they have either seen a sharp increase or decline in canadian attendance, just my 2.02 canadian cents!

wdwluv
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I LOVE your podcasts. I am smiling the whole time. And sometimes I even learn something. ;)

Melanie, I was so hoping you'd get back to what you started to say when your computer died! You started to mention that you thought the AP holders got shortchanged with the new discounts. I want to know if I should dump my AP room discount and go for the Free dining? (I've always felt the room discounts were a better savings for me) Or maybe it's just the dates you were referring to?

Have to say it again though - I love you guys. (I'll be there the same week as you in November, Ian. I'll be listening to what you have to say about that week, that I'm hoping is SUPER slow!)

wdwluv
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh, and I totally thought Indiana Jones when you first described the Duffy bowl! Two weird for me!

And Melanie I wanna see your Samurai Mickey!

Pooh Fan
08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
You ever rent seasons of a TV series you didn't watch for the first year or two to get caught up and then all of a sudden you have to go from watching a few episodes every day or so to waiting anxiously for that new episode to come out each week? That's what happened to me with these podcasts!
I just started listening a few months ago after downloading all of them to my ipod and as of a few episodes back I'm all caught up. Now I start twitching and getting the sweats about 10 days in as I"m despertely waiting to see that post for a new episode.:ill:
I really have enjoyed the podcasts and sincerely hope you continue. I liked the DVC bits and hope you find the time in future podcasts to carry on with DVC info.
:rocks:

dpamac
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh, and I totally thought Indiana Jones when you first described the Duffy bowl! Two weird for me!

That's because you're cool.

BrerGnat
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I took offense to the insinuation that only guys would "get" the Indiana Jones monkey brain reference. You underestimate the knowledge of women who are married to geeky men! ;)

Great podcast guys!

And, I saw a Disneyland shirt in Mouse Gear in May. In fact, it was a whole rack of women's shirts. They are not even trying to be original anymore.

Melanie
08-13-2011, 09:51 AM
And Melanie I wanna see your Samurai Mickey!

I'm not home right now, but when I return early next week, I'll post a pic in here. :)

Melanie
08-13-2011, 09:52 AM
You ever rent seasons of a TV series you didn't watch for the first year or two to get caught up and then all of a sudden you have to go from watching a few episodes every day or so to waiting anxiously for that new episode to come out each week? That's what happened to me with these podcasts!
I just started listening a few months ago after downloading all of them to my ipod and as of a few episodes back I'm all caught up. Now I start twitching and getting the sweats about 10 days in as I"m despertely waiting to see that post for a new episode.:ill:
I really have enjoyed the podcasts and sincerely hope you continue. I liked the DVC bits and hope you find the time in future podcasts to carry on with DVC info.
:rocks:

Awww, thanks for the nice review. :)

And if you are so inclined, head over to iTunes and leave a review there on our page. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

wdwluv
08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Can't believe I typed TWO weird for me Re: the Duffy Bowls...I meant TOO.

And it's not that I am married to a geeky husband...well, I am... but I'm the geeky one that likes Indiana Jones! :D

....at least Gary thinks I'm cool. Ha, ha, ha.

Kairi_7378
08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I took offense to the insinuation that only guys would "get" the Indiana Jones monkey brain reference. You underestimate the knowledge of women who are married to geeky men! ;)

And geeky women, too :-)

As always, an interesting podcast. :thumbsup:

Jul
08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
LOVE your podcasts. Listen to them (mostly back episodes) while working on cakes.

Anyway, I laughed so hard at the "Canadian tuxedo" comment from Ian, I stuck my finger in the cake I was working on.

As always, great show! :thumbsup:

Ian
08-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Anyway, I laughed so hard at the "Canadian tuxedo" comment from Ian, I stuck my finger in the cake I was working on.This is funny timing ... I was just looking through some old pics from a Philly INTERCOT meet and saw your pic. Made me wonder if you were still active on the boards at all and poof! You appear!

Glad I could give you a laugh ... hope all our Canadian friends found it as funny! :blush:

Jul
08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
This is funny timing ... I was just looking through some old pics from a Philly INTERCOT meet and saw your pic. Made me wonder if you were still active on the boards at all and poof! You appear!

Glad I could give you a laugh ... hope all our Canadian friends found it as funny! :blush:

I'm here! A lot of changes though - like the person standing next to me.

Great to "see" you.

darthmacho
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the podcast! I was just Google-ing the Shag line, and I have to say it looks pretty good! :mickey:

Melanie
08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the podcast! I was just Google-ing the Shag line, and I have to say it looks pretty good! :mickey:

It's really nice in person. The colors really POP!

McLiberal8
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Is there any place that lists everyone's 'handle'? I would love to know who on the boards are the people I am listening to on the podcast! 'Ian' is an easy one...

Melanie
08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Is there any place that lists everyone's 'handle'? I would love to know who on the boards are the people I am listening to on the podcast! 'Ian' is an easy one...

Good idea. I will start a thread here in this forum with everyone who has contributed to the podcast and what their screenname is, and will update as necessary. :)

iceicebritney
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Great job guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Christmas Vacation reference also:D

I liked the discussion on favorite souvenirs:mickey: I wish this had been a video podcast so we could see everyone's goodies. I am also glad to hear I'm not the only one who is disappointed with the lack of souvenirs in recent years. It's become almost impossible for me to find things to buy from my trips:(. I agree with Ian's thought that, Everything is either homogenized "Disney parks" or is far to expensive for me to afford at this point in my life.

Can't wait for the next one!

Septbride2002
08-24-2011, 04:38 PM
The Indiana Jones reference had me laughing out loud in my car. OMG I can only imagine what this things looks like.

BTW - chicks get Indiana Jones :thedolls:

~Amanda