PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Le Cellier

BibbidiBoo'sMom
08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Trying to decide is dinner at Le Cellier is a "two credit worthy" meal. Would love to hear opinions! Thank You!

McLiberal8
08-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I haven't gone yet, so I am not much help, but I would recommend going for lunch if you aren't sure. It's only 1 credit at lunch, and you will get to experience the restaurant without the lost credit!
That's my plan in January!

AllDisney
08-09-2011, 10:59 PM
We have eaten there before, but not sure we would eat there for 2 credits. It's good food, but we think there are lots of 1 credit restaurants that we would want to eat at for the second time around or even for our first visit:mickey:

We are sure you'll hear lots of different opinions on this. Hope the responses help in making your choice.

GSmortz
08-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Le cellier is delicious. Definitely go for lunch though. When you go for lunch, get the chocolate cake..... OMG the best cake I have ever had in my entire life. No hyperbole there whatsoever.:cloud9:

disneydeb
08-09-2011, 11:44 PM
We enjoyed it until our last trip in May 2 credits, terrible service and our favorites from the menu are now only served for lunch. We will not be going back for a 2 credit dinner.

vicster
08-10-2011, 09:20 AM
We won't eat there for 2 credits. Just not worth it in my opinion. Plenty of other great restaurants at WDW for 1 credit.

locutus
08-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I personally dont think any of the resteraunts at Disney are worth 2 credits on the dining plan. Disney is really getting nuts on their food pricing.

KylesMom
08-10-2011, 10:59 AM
LeCellier has been a favorite dining place of our family for a few years now. So much so, that we had scheduled three dinner reservations there on our past trip a few weeks ago. While we aren't on the dining plan, we utilize the Tables in Wonderland discount for A/P holders.

While the steak was wonderful & cooked to each of our tastes and the service was good, the restaurant has now removed every single appetizer, side and dessert that our family used to love. That's a lot of things to pull off the menu. They even pulled the grilled asparagus off! :( If it weren't for the bread sticks, we would have left the restaurant hungry.

After hemming and hawing for a few days, we called Disney Dining and cancelled one of the two reservations we had on the books. It was a completely different dining experience than we had enjoyed previously, and we ended up feeling very let down on the experience as a whole. We later decided to cancel the other reservation which was to be our last dinner at Disney and snacked around World Showcase for dinner instead.

Both dining line folks we talked to were absolutely aghast that we were cancelling reservations that had been made six months before for LeCellier- it was almost comical.

While I'm sure we will re-visit LeCellier in the future, there are several other places that I would put ahead of it - especially if you're utilizing two table service credits.

HackLaSalle
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Didn't the executive chef change at Le Cellier which may be more responsible for the menu change than the boost to a two TS credit?

vicster
08-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I personally dont think any of the resteraunts at Disney are worth 2 credits on the dining plan. Disney is really getting nuts on their food pricing.

Probably to make up for the free dining

KylesMom
08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Didn't the executive chef change at Le Cellier which may be more responsible for the menu change than the boost to a two TS credit?

Actually the menu changed significantly when they announced it was going to two TS credits early this year. However, I had heard that the new chef made further changes after the original menu & TS credit announcement was made. In fact, our server eluded to this fact when we inquired about various items that were no longer on the menu after it had changed to the signature experience.

Arielfan98
08-10-2011, 06:00 PM
The food there is incredible, that's why it's two dining credits and that's why it's really tough to eat there--even with a reservation.

LudwigVonDrake
08-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I ate lunch there on 7/8 and the food and service was awesome. Can't wait to go back so it was so good! :tasty:

EpcotFan182
08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I just ate there last week - and I have to say the food was delicious. I think with what's on the menu it is worth 2 credits, but out of all the signature restaurants I've eaten at it seemed to be the most casual and laid back in terms of atmosphere.

MOJoe
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
While I'm sure we will re-visit LeCellier in the future, there are several other places that I would put ahead of it - especially if you're utilizing two table service credits.

That's kinda how i felt. The steaks were really good. But something felt lacking. Not sure how i would explain it. But LeCellier just didn't feel like a 2 credit restaurant. The steaks and bread sticks being as good as they are, it's hard to dismiss this place. But for the same money, there are other places that are better.

Sorry, Carol, your experience was less than expected. And, um, I've been waiting for a trip report!

buzznwoodysmom
08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
We've tried Le Cellier twice and didn't think it was worth the 1 credit, so I absolutely wouldn't ever even consider it again at 2 credits. Way over hyped if you ask me. Maybe we were let down because we were expecting too much from all the rave reviews we read.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm another one who thought that Le Cellier was a bit of a let-down. It was good, but not crazy good and not worth the hype.

I agree with many of the previous posters, go for lunch and save a credit.

Scrappy2
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
We ate there in March for lunch and it was great. Food was really good and the service was fun. We had reservations when it opened and they staff sang to us. This was the one resturant that I had never been able to get reservations for. We were not on the dining plan so I cannot answer that question. I would go back again given the chance. We took our 2 year old and I was really worried he would bother the others there but Disney is a kid place so there were also a lot of other children there.

Disney Hungarian
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I was just going through my old EPCOT guide maps from the early 90's. I had forgotten that le cellier was a buffeteria (Disney's word for it.) I think it was better then. Not worth the credits or money or time now.

Jillirose
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
We ate there yearly, until it became 2TS. It's great, but when you can eat comparably at Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, or Chefs du France for an example, for 1TS - hard to justify.

Janmac
08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
We ate at Le Cellier when it was a buffeteria. The food was good - things like stew and other hearty foods - but the atmosphere was nothing like it is now - kind of more like the utilitarian basement eating area of a large hotel or what we'd imagine that to be. :D While we didn't mind the food, we passed on the ambiance. Once was enough for that.

We ate at Le Cellier twice during the 90s after it was remodeled into a steak place and really liked the new look. Food was still good. Service great. We would have eaten there since the 90s but didn't ever score a reservation.

Not sure we'd eat there at all now. Except maybe for lunch.

Jan

Adambomb85
08-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I am mourning the loss of my cream cheese mashed potatoes at dinner. I am hoping they may be able to add some on the side when I go in December...however, I am not seeing that happening...

iceicebritney
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Our vote is no, it's not worth two TS. We ate there our last three trips and wished we had chosen one of the other signature restaurants instead. I understand everyone has a different experience and there are die-hard fans of this restaurant, many of them, but its just not for us. We'd much rather Cali Grill, Narcoosee's or Yachtsmen. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will be magical:mickey:

Magic Smiles
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
It always amazed me as to how much every ones opinions differ on restaurants. We ate Le Cellier for our first time in May for lunch, therefore using 1 credit. It was one of the best meals we had during our 16 days stay in WDW. We also used 2 credits to eat at The Brown Derby. That was both the worst meal and worst service we had in our 16 day stay. Actually our worst ever in WDW or maybe anywhere.
I would highly recommend Le Cellier.

Jeffybob
08-21-2011, 02:02 PM
WOW ... so many different experiences and opinions with one dining establishment.

I am in agreement with MagicSmiles. We have had great experiences at Le Cellier and a less than stellar experiences at The Brown Derby.

Personally I think that the Dining Plan is overrated. The Plans work well from a budgeting aspect, with planning and execution however in recent visits we have been paying OOP.

Our experience with the DDP is that we tend to eat too much just to use up credits for food that we would not usually consume.

As for the quality of food at Le Cellier, if you enjoy beef and want to eat in the World Showcase (EPCOT), then it is a good choice, however, as other bloggers have noted, you can also get perhaps better quality elsewhere, outside of the Park i.e. Yachtmans Steakhouse or Shula's.

Personally, one of the best dining experiences we continue to have is at the Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk. The food is great as well as the service and it too is a 2 credit restaurant.

IMHO, at the end of the day, the beauty of eating at WDW are the choices that are available to you. If you have a not so great experience, chalk it up to experience and try something else the next time around.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

disneydeb
08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I am mourning the loss of my cream cheese mashed potatoes at dinner. I am hoping they may be able to add some on the side when I go in December...however, I am not seeing that happening...

I was told they are on the lunch menu when we were there for dinner and were TERRIBLY disappointed in not having the option of those.
Wish we had gone for lunch instead of dinner.:(