PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier

Nikerox
08-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone would know if we would be able to get a take out order of Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier?
DH would really like some soup to go:cloud9:...he's is being a really good sport as DDs and I have selected and made our TS ADRs for our trip...unfortunately Le Cellier is not one of our ADRs!

Kairi_7378
08-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Can't answer about the takeout, but if you go during the Food and Wine festival you can sample it for a snack credit.

MNNHFLTX
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I've never heard of the TS restaurants at Epcot doing take-out. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but hopefully your husband doesn't have his heart set on it.

Nikerox
08-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Thank you! We'll be there the week after Food & Wine Festival... I have the recipe.... maybe I'll just have to make it here at home for him!

AnnaMom
08-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I have heard of people being able to get the soup and pretzels to go!

ransam
08-10-2011, 12:18 AM
actually last year we were leaving and my friend stopped by the coral reef and bought their soup of the day to take back to the resort.

disneymom2000
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I have seen people get take-out from a couple of restaurants during my visits. I don't think there is actually a rule for or against it - just each restaurant makes their own decision if they will allow it or not. Most likely they will accommodate the request.

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 09:52 AM
If you're going to try it, do it at an odd time, like 2pm or something, when they won't be slammed with a lunch or dinner rush. They might say no, so be ready for that.

I don't understand why they haven't decided to capitalize on this by opening up a soup and pretzel bread kiosk at this pavilion. They could make a KILLING by overcharging for soup and bread here. :D

By the way, it is VERY easy to make this at home, and many grocery stores are now selling pretzel bread as well! You can get it for sure at Whole Foods, some Trader Joe's, and I even saw it at our local Safeway!

Magic Smiles
09-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't understand why they haven't decided to capitalize on this by opening up a soup and pretzel bread kiosk at this pavilion. They could make a KILLING by overcharging for soup and bread here. :D

Add to that Beaver Tails. But then no one would ever leave the kiosk :D

RichGuy
09-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I have the recipe.... maybe I'll just have to make it here at home for him!

I've made it a couple of times, and it always turns out well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I think that you can make one that tastes better than Disney's if you spring for a high quality cheddar cheese, and a good craft beer.

Kairi_7378
09-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I think that you can make one that tastes better than Disney's if you spring for a high quality cheddar cheese, and a good craft beer.

Can you recommend a beer to use in the soup?

Scott C
09-10-2011, 12:56 PM

The recipe I have always used called for Moosehead.......

Thanks
Scott

RichGuy
09-10-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm not sure if you can get them everywhere, but I've used Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown and Great Divide Hibernation Ale.

If it pairs well with cheddar cheese, it should bring some flavor to the party in that soup. I'd look for darker, sweeter beers, but that's a question of preference.

waymickey
09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Add to that Beaver Tails. But then no one would ever leave the kiosk :D

What are beaver tails?? sounds interesting!

Main Street Jim
09-21-2011, 09:13 PM
maybe I'll just have to make it here at home for him!
We do here, too...we have it least once a month...:cloud9:

BrerGnat
09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
For what it's worth, I saw pretzel rolls in the bakery of my local Super Target yesterday, so that's another place you can look for them!

Made me want to make some of this soup, but I didn't have the ingredients list handy. :D

Mysttree
09-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Beaver tails are the Canadian version of fried dough...depending on where you live in the US/world they come in many different shapes, sizes & toppings.
I Love the Zepli's in the NJ boardwalk.

MinnieMommie
09-23-2011, 04:24 AM
I believe the recipe given at Le Cellier calls for Black Diamond Cheddar. That is a delicious cheese! :mickey:

borisfam
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM
In answer to your original question: I've missed out on ADRs a couple of years in a row and just walked up and asked for soup to go. It was no problem. they were very pleasant and I got a huge styrofoam cup of soup, which I think was a much larger serving than I would have gotten in a bowl.

Just smile and say how much you love the soup and I'm sure they won't say no.

Just prepared - drinking that rich cheese soup right out of a huge coffee cup feels so wrong and oh so good at the same time.

Nikerox
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Thank you!! We will have to give it a try !! :thumbsup: We will also have to make the soup here at home for a tailgate party!

Disney4
09-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I have seen people get take-out from a couple of restaurants during my visits. I don't think there is actually a rule for or against it - just each restaurant makes their own decision if they will allow it or not. Most likely they will accommodate the request.

I never thought to try this! I sense a tummy ache coming on if I can get this done on my trip in december! :thumbsup: