PDA

View Full Version : Adult Beverages at Restaurants

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I like ordering adult beverages with my meals while on vacation, I am having trouble finding menus for these and was wondering if anybody can make recommendations particularly for the following restaurants....

Hollywood Brown Derby
Ohana
Chefs De France
Whispering Canyon
Hoop De Doo-Other than complimentary wine, sangria and beer

BTW, I'm not a fan of peach or cinnamon favored liquors but open to anything else. Thanks.:marg:

McLiberal8
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Hollywood Brown Derby - They have a martini flight here that rocks. If you are a fan of martinis at all, I would try it.
Ohana - One word - LapuLapu. Ohh man. Yummy drink served in a real pineapple. I think you get this at the Tambu lounge, where you can wait before your meal.
Chefs De France - I would probably recommend wine.
Whispering Canyon and Hoop De Doo, I am not so sure. :marg:Have fun!:beer:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, I'm not a fan of traditional martinis but had a chocolate martini at Boma last trip that was really good....I've heard about the Lapu Lapu it sounds really tasty but strong. I am not a big drinker only occasionally have a glass of wine, so am wondering if it would be too much for me...still I might just try it. Thanks this is what I'm looking for...

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 05:34 PM
MacLiberal I found a drinks menu for Brown Derby, they also have a margarita flight that looks yummy.....

Mickey'sGirl
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
The St. Germain cocktail at Chefs is one of the most refreshing cocktails I've ever had. I recommend that.

The previously mentioned Lapu Lapu is quite awesomely tasty at 'Ohana.

I only ever have wine at the Brown Derby.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2011, 08:06 AM
What's in the st. German? sounds interesting

iceicebritney
08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Lapu Lapu is my favorite drink of all time. We now make it at home along with the honey corriendar chicken wings from O'hana :mickey: I'm sure once you try a Lapu Lapu you will be hooked too!

steamboat willy
08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I like ordering adult beverages with my meals while on vacation, I am having trouble finding menus for these and was wondering if anybody can make recommendations particularly for the following restaurants....

Hollywood Brown Derby
Ohana
Chefs De France
Whispering Canyon
Hoop De Doo-Other than complimentary wine, sangria and beer

BTW, I'm not a fan of peach or cinnamon favored liquors but open to anything else. Thanks.:marg:

Adult Beverages @ DISNEY = Google > Party through the parks.

Here's MY suggestions -

Brown Derby

Hollywood Lights - Capt. Morgans Spiced Rum, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice

Ohana

Captains Mai Tai - Dark Rum, Amaretto and Tropical Juices

Chefs De France

Marquis de Pelade (Wine) or Kronenbourg 1664 (Beer)

Whispering Canyon

Sorry......Never Been

Hoop De Dooo

I always do the FREE PITCHER/s of BEER. You may opt. for the SANGRIA

:beer::marg::beer::marg::beer::marg:

Whatever you choice I'm sure it will be GREAT! Kongaloosh :cool:

DisneyDINK
08-10-2011, 03:47 PM
A quick vote for the Backscratcher at O'Hana. Tasty and actually comes with a wooden backscratcher. Cheers! :beer:

magicofdisney
08-10-2011, 04:10 PM
At 'Ohana, I order the Pina Colado! Yummy for my tummy. ;) It's my favorite fruity, mixed drink.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Adult Beverages @ DISNEY = Google > Party through the parks.

Here's MY suggestions -

Brown Derby

Hollywood Lights - Capt. Morgans Spiced Rum, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice

Ohana

Captains Mai Tai - Dark Rum, Amaretto and Tropical Juices

Chefs De France

Marquis de Pelade (Wine) or Kronenbourg 1664 (Beer)

Whispering Canyon

Sorry......Never Been

Hoop De Dooo

I always do the FREE PITCHER/s of BEER. You may opt. for the SANGRIA

:beer::marg::beer::marg::beer::marg:

Whatever you choice I'm sure it will be GREAT! Kongaloosh :cool:

That Hollywood Lights sounds delish:marg:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
At 'Ohana, I order the Pina Colado! Yummy for my tummy. ;) It's my favorite fruity, mixed drink.

Love, love, love pina colados

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
A quick vote for the Backscratcher at O'Hana. Tasty and actually comes with a wooden backscratcher. Cheers! :beer:

That's funny...so what's in them?

Kairi_7378
08-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Many of the Disney waitstaff are also trained sommeliers so if I am in the mood for wine, I ask my server what they would recommend with my meal. But some of these other drinks look tasty!

DisneyMom12
08-14-2011, 10:02 AM
MacLiberal I found a drinks menu for Brown Derby, they also have a margarita flight that looks yummy.....

I was going to recommend the margarita it is yummy!!

Pop Centurion
08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Another vote for the Lapu Lapu at 'Ohana. Only other place I've eaten was HDD & I always opt for the sangria.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
I guess I'll put the Lapu Lapu on my list!

DAWS
08-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Since the Monorail Drink-a-Thon is one of our favorite activities, I have several suggestions:

Wilderness Lodge (Territory Lounge) - Passion Fruit mojito;

Polynesian (Tambu Lounge): Lava Calada;

Grand Floridian (Mizner's Lounge): Pear Blossom Cosmo;

Grand Floridian (Citricos): Grand Mimosa;

Grand Floridian (Narcoosee's): If you like Bloody Mary's, try a Zing Zang - it is a sweet and spicy version - YUM!

Contemporary (Outer Rim): the Space Monkey is fun;

Contemporary (The Wave): Love their Pina Colavas!!

Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
We will be dining at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge...those both sound good too

chrim
08-20-2011, 12:10 AM
At the France pavilion, but perhaps not in the Chefs de France, I have heard good reviews for the Grand Marnier slush (orange flavored).

Beware of the Hoop-de-Doo. The last time I was there, the only add on drink (i.e. beyond the beer, wine, and sangria, which is included) was a generic margarita. If you want something else, you will need to visit the nearby Crocket's Tavern before going in to dinner.