PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way from Boardwalk to Wilderness Lodge

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I was wondering, what would the easiest route be getting from the Boardwalk to the Wilderness Lodge...Should we return through the gateway and go back through the front to the buses or would it be easier to take a bus to Magic Kingdom from the Boardwalk and catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge?

DisneyDINK
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I guess it depends on your time constraints. If you can walk throught Epcot I'm assuming it is at a time WS is open. With the walk and wait for the bus it that better than a wait for the bus and wait for the boat? I'd probably do the bus then boat.

If I were trying to make an early morning ADR at Cape May or returning from a late dinner at the Yachtsman I would probably take a cab if I saw one sitting there. It costs a few bucks, but boy does it save time, that's assuming your party will fit in one cab.

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
A Taxi would be the fastest and most efficient.

If time was not an option then I'd take a Boardwalk Bus to MK and then the boat to WL.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
We have to be back at the Wilderness Lodge in time to get ready for an ADR at Hoop De doo, so I'm thinking the bus to MK and boat to WL would be best.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I agree! If you're heading to HDD, the boat from MK is the best, especially since you won't have to take another bus once you're at Fort Wilderness.

Be careful not to get confused, the HDD is at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge.

DVCJohn
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Another option would be to take the boat from the Boardwalk to DHS and then the bus to the Wilderness Lodge. If I remember correctly the Wilderness Lodge is the first stop for the bus.

ThanxForNoticin
08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Another option would be to take the boat from the Boardwalk to DHS and then the bus to the Wilderness Lodge. If I remember correctly the Wilderness Lodge is the first stop for the bus.

Actually, this might be your best option. Either walk or boat to DHS and grab a bus there. It'll be shorter than walking all the way through EPCOT to get to the buses there.

A Big Kid
08-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Actually, this might be your best option. Either walk or boat to DHS and grab a bus there. It'll be shorter than walking all the way through EPCOT to get to the buses there.

That was my thought. It less than 3/4 of a mile from the Boardwalk to the DHS studios bus stop. Catch a bus from DHS to WL.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree! If you're heading to HDD, the boat from MK is the best, especially since you won't have to take another bus once you're at Fort Wilderness.

Be careful not to get confused, the HDD is at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks actually we will be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I'm thinking we'll want to freshen up before heading over to the HDDR.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 01:13 PM

Didn't think about that. Might be an option. Thanks for all the help

BigRedDad
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Easiest is a cab. Disney transportation for resort-to-resort is a pain.

brownie
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
You could also take a bus to Downtown Disney and then on to the Wilderness Lodge from there. I'm not sure what would be the most efficient use of Disney transportation to make that trip.

lylone
08-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I would avoid DTD as a transfer point at all costs. even when we go to DTD to shop, it seems like we wait forever for a bus to take us anywhere. Last time we waited close to an hour to return back to the BC.

VWL Mom
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Could also do Boardwalk bus to MK and then just switch over to WL bus if you need to save time. Would be quicker than the boat.