PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day

Scrappy2
08-08-2011, 10:11 PM
How crowded is Disney World during Columbus Day weekend? We are planing a quick trip and just wondering how crowded the parks will be. We usually travel during spring break or summer. Hopefully they will not be as crowded as those times.

Bucs300
08-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I would rank Columbus Day weekend as moderately busy. It isn't crazy busy like it is during the summer but it isn't the slowing weekend of the year either. The crowds are usually pretty manageable that weekend though. :mickey:

ransam
08-09-2011, 12:45 AM
It's been a while, but i was there on Columbus Day weekend a few years ago. On Saturday and Sunday it was ok....But Monday at MK it was almost as busy as i've ever seen it. Pretty much body to body.....maybe it was just that one, but yea, it was busy.

Mousemates
08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
We used to do october trips when our kids were in a school system with fall breaks...one time it coincided with Columbus Day and it was very busy...not crazy busy...but very busy nevertheless.

joonyer
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I agree. It's not as heavy as the summer crowds or Christmas mobs, but it can get pretty thick. Know how to use FastPass and have a plan and you'll be fine.