PDA

View Full Version : Aulani premier season date question

Aurora
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
On the points charts for Aulani the first week in May is considered Premier Season (the highest number of points). I thought that was because of Easter, but next year Easter is on April 8, and the weeks just before and after Easter 2012 are already designated Premier on the points chart.

Does anyone know why this is? Does something special go on the first week of May on Oahu?

chuckers
08-08-2011, 11:20 PM
The first week of May has a long series of public holidays in Japan (to be exact: April 29th and May 3rd-5th.) Honolulu is a mere 7 hour flight from Tokyo so a LARGE number of tourists will end up going there. Especially with the way the Yen-Dollar rate is VERY much in favour of the Japanese right now.

That is very likely the reason you are seeing the first week of May in Premier Season.

Aurora
08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Aahh! That makes perfect sense. Thanks -- I'm sure that's the answer. It also goes along with a posting on this board, I think, that DVC has set up an office in Japan for Aulani sales.

By the way, welcome to Intercot!

chuckers
08-09-2011, 07:19 PM
There is, indeed, a DVC showroom right next door to Tokyo Disney Land (which isn't even in Tokyo, btw.) It is by appointment only if you want to see what the model rooms look like for Aulani.

I haven't actually been to it because, if I am going to go all the way out there, I will just go to TDL or TDS instead.

Planning on a trip to Aulani this Christmas but not as a DVC member. We'll probably hear the spiel while we are there.