PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Cafe?

KAT1811
08-08-2011, 03:22 PM
We are booked at Wolfgang Puck Cafe as a party of 15. This is a first for us. Any feedback and experiences anyone can share would be great. :mickey:

epceddie
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
We had a nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, but it was extremely loud and the tables were right on top of each other.
We prefer Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney Marketplace. They have meatloaf, a half chicken dinner, salads, and pizzas. The prices are cheaper, but it's a small space and you have to grab your own table(s).
A highlight at the Cafe the night we went was having Michael J. Fox and his family come in and sit down at one of the tables near us.

jpH/keD
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
We havent been there but it is ON the list for next time! Hope your visit is magical! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
08-08-2011, 06:18 PM
That's a big group! :thumbsup:

We really like WPC (and the Express location as well). The good thing about the menu is that everyone will be able to find something they'll like. And that something will more than likely be really, really good. :tasty:

Suggestions? Order a variety of appetizers and share... Wolfgang Puck first gained his reputation on his pizzas so maybe sharing one (or two) that would be a good place to start.

Great choice... kudos to the planner(s)! :thumbsup:

akaDisneyDreamer
08-08-2011, 07:35 PM
We ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on our last trip and it was an instant favorite! I ordered the macadamia crusted chicken and it was the best chicken I have ever eaten. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Had the key lime pie for dessert and it was very good! As far as it being loud ... is there anyplace that isn't loud at WDW? There are a lot of people there! Well, anyway, we weren't bothered by the noise. This place is a must do for us. Good choice! :mickey:

ransam
08-09-2011, 08:58 AM
never been to the cafe, but have been to the Wolfgang Express. It was really awesome and a great counter service meal on the dining plan.

KAT1811
08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
That's a big group! :thumbsup:

Great to hear!

Great choice... kudos to the planner(s)! :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you. :encore: There are actually 24 of us at our largest and we've had a few date changes so it's been a bit challenging but fun at the same time! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
08-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Love the Wolfgang Puck Cafe! It has the best calamari and butternut squash soup! The sushi is good also--more California-style than authentic, but still worth trying. :tasty:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-01-2011, 10:36 PM
We ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on our last trip and it was an instant favorite! I ordered the macadamia crusted chicken and it was the best chicken I have ever eaten. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Had the key lime pie for dessert and it was very good! As far as it being loud ... is there anyplace that isn't loud at WDW? There are a lot of people there! Well, anyway, we weren't bothered by the noise. This place is a must do for us. Good choice! :mickey:

I'll second that emotion! Looove that chicken and key lime. Enjoyed the view, too!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
The food at any Wolfgang Puck location is amazing! The butternut soup is always amazing. The chinois chicken salad is fabulous. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

But yes, the table service restaurant is tight quarters as far as seating. Don't plan an on intimate, quiet dinner here.

Quite a few of the menu items are located at the Express location and are made to order and just as good. Highly recommend! Great way to use a CS DDP credit!

KAT1811
09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
But yes, the table service restaurant is tight quarters as far as seating. Don't plan an on intimate, quiet dinner here.

I assure you there is nothing intimate about dinner with 8 children so no worries there! ;)

I'm looking forward to trying a new restaurant. We always stick with our tried and true restaurants and end up missing out on trying something new. Glad to hear everyone lves the macadamia chicken that was one of the menu items I thought looked interesting.

Daddy Mouse
09-05-2011, 02:41 AM
DW and went there on three different occasions. The first time we went I ordered and then DW tried to order and they were out of the food she ordered. Not one food but two different menu items. The time was only about 1pm. so this should have never happened. She walked out vowing to never return, My wife and Sean Connery. We decided to try again after a 5 year hiatus, We both had fabulous meals. So the last time we went we tried it again and once again it was very good. The atmosphere is loud to me but it was worth it.