PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Villas

Dyanna
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
We are planning on possibly trying out the Treehouse Villas in the fall of 2013. Since we are DVC BLT owners how hard would it be to get one of the few Treehouse VIllas at the 7 month mark? The problem is that we would be traveling with a group of about 10 & would not have enough points to rent a 3 bedroom at BLT but can get a 3 bedroom at TV for the 2 bedroom points rate.

sixshot19
08-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm DVC at Saratoga and havent been able to get one at the eleventh month mark yet, and I've been trying since they opened.

PlutoPlanet
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
It's tough to get a treehouse via DVC. Would you consider paying cash to get a reservation? Also, a Cast Member who stayed at a treehouse recommended having a car.

AHOTE
08-13-2011, 02:09 AM
I've had no problem getting a Treehouse Villa the past two years at the 11 month mark but I've never been able to book at BLT at the 7 month mark. Just the reverse of others. I can't say one way or the other if you'll be able to book a THV at the 7 month mark but they do fill up fast. The THV only sleep 9, so if you have 10 it won't work for you. I'd look into a Grand Villa at OKW as they're point value is less and the units are larger.
I don't use a car at all while at WDW and I've had no real problem with getting around at SSR. I found it no less convenient than any other resort. I request a villa near the pool and the bus stop is close by. There's also a walkway that you can use to get into the main areas of SSR. I walk daily so it never bothered me to walk somewhere. There's also a slow boat that will get you to the main lodge at SSR and to DTD.

mdhiggin
08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I was wait listed at 7 months for labor day weekend and got it after one month. It does sleep 9, though.

locutus
08-14-2011, 03:13 AM
I think it may depend when you go. I booked at the 11 month mark and had to be wait listed. I did gfet a room by the tine my trip arrived. Also Ahote said he didnt find it any less convenient. He must have had a car lol/ If you sta at the treehouse. and take a bus to the parks, be aware the busses from the treehouses dont go to the parks. They pick you up and take you to Saratoga Springs, where you have to wait for a bus going to the parks. We found that very inconvenient. Wait for a bus at treehouse , then wait again for theme park bus at SS.

Dyanna
08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I think it may depend when you go. I booked at the 11 month mark and had to be wait listed. I did gfet a room by the tine my trip arrived. Also Ahote said he didnt find it any less convenient. He must have had a car lol/ If you sta at the treehouse. and take a bus to the parks, be aware the busses from the treehouses dont go to the parks. They pick you up and take you to Saratoga Springs, where you have to wait for a bus going to the parks. We found that very inconvenient. Wait for a bus at treehouse , then wait again for theme park bus at SS.

Thanks for that bit of info about having to take 2 bus's just to get to the parks since one of our travelers would be in a wheelchair. Not very convenient then is it.

Through the looking Glass
08-23-2011, 04:17 PM
We booked for next year at the 11 Month window for June. Busses were never a problem, at our worst wait last year was 15 min. The park busses picked us up at the last stop and dropped us of at the first stop. The one driver we had stated that we really didn't spend that much more time on the busses, maybe 5 to 10 min.
I wouldn't stay there with a wheelchair though. Double lifts would take up alot of time.

Aurora
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for that bit of info about having to take 2 bus's just to get to the parks since one of our travelers would be in a wheelchair. Not very convenient then is it.

Just FYI: Only four of the treehouse villas have handicapped-accessible ramps to enter and exit the treehouses.

detailsbybill
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I have afamily of 8 staying at the Tree house Villas in March 2012. Which villa number is the best location to have access to the pool and a quick walk to the Saratoga Springs bus?

trapper
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
We stay in a Treehouse villa this past July and booked at the 11 month window with no problem. We usually chose to walk to the Grandstand bus stop to avoid riding 2 buses and wasting time it only took about 5 mins. That was probably the only part that I wasn't crazy about however I LOVED the Treehouse. We only had 5 people and had tons of room I'd stay there again:mickey:!

CosmicRay
09-27-2011, 10:54 AM
We are looking at going with our friends in 2013, there will be 12 of us. I'm hoping to get the TV for our friends. But I also noticed that the Grand Villas at OKW slept 12 and I've heard there not as hard to get. Good luck on your reservation!

Mousemates
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
We stayed in the villas a couple years back and truly enjoyed being at the room itself. They were spacious and were reminiscent of a stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins, only much, much more luxurious. The only issue we had was the bit of extra time we lost waiting for transportation to the theme parks. In the end, we chose to drive to the parks the last couple of days. We were there in June and split the stay with a DVC member who called and made the reservations (without issue) on the first available day they were allowed per DVC rules.