PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour

disneydeb
08-08-2011, 08:20 AM
At long last, I am getting to do this tour!! The Keys to the Kingom.
What can I expect? I'm so excited!!

And - does anyone know what dates the partying will be for next year? I know it will be in October... but the dates????
:mickey:

iceicebritney
08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
We really enjoyed this tour:thumbsup: our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and she encouraged us to ask any questions that came into our heads during the tour, which we did:mickey:
We enjoyed the utilidoors and the backstage areas that showed the parade floats. Our tour had lunch at the Columbia harbor house, upstairs and our guide didn't stop with the information during lunch! She even told us interesting facts while we enjoyed our lunch

It is a really great tour, and I'm sure you'll enjoy every moment of it:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
We also enjoyed this tour. It gave us a new apprication of the MK. We feel like we took alot for granted about how much thought and imagination Walt really put into the park.

brivers222
08-08-2011, 09:46 AM
we are going for the first time on our 1month anniversary... So excited!!

Tygger7
08-08-2011, 10:28 AM
We took the tour in May 2010 and it was fantastic! Our tour guide was really funny and gave us so much information & history...I was in heaven! Definitely try to do the tour that starts before park opening...then "you get to see "the running of the strollers"...which is a lot like the bulls, except the bulls are gentler." (That was a quote from our guide...it was hysterical watching people run down Main Street.)

ransam
08-08-2011, 12:23 PM
i have never gone on it, but my sister did. she loved it and how much she talked about it, made me really want to go.

Daddy Mouse
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I had always wanted to take the tour. My DW gave surprised me with one on my Birthday which was fun. We are now looking forward to other tours in the other parks.

Tinkerbella16
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
My Mother and I took the KTTK Tour in November 2008 and we absolutely had a ball! We had the most amazing tour guide, Matthew. He really knew his stuff, he was so funny and entertaining through out the whole day. I know a lot about WDW.. and he was shocked that I knew as much as I did when we were walking through the park lol.

We did the first tour of the day at 8am so it was really great being able to get all the shots I wanted of an empty Main Street and Cinderella Castle!

A lunch is included at my favorie counter service, Columbia Harbor House so that was nice.. you eat privately on the top floor and they rope off the stairs so no one else can go up. They have everyones name cards set-up w/ their meal that they chose.. it was really nice.

I recommend everyone do this tour once! It was truly amazing!! :mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
We did the Keys Tour several years ago an loved it. Our tour guide, who nicknamed himself "Tall Paul," was emblematic of everything wonderful about Disney. He was polite, funny, knowledgeable, theatrical, and a joy to be around. We got to go into the famous utilidors, take a secret entrance into he Haunted Mansion, and have a nice lunch upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. There was much more, too.

He talked about four principles that Disney tries to employ for everything at the theme parks: Safety. Courtesy. Show. Efficiency.

disneydeb
08-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you to all who were able to respond! I am so excited for this! :party:

Tigger's Mom
08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
My husband and I just took this tour in July. We loved it!!!!! We learned things we didn't know, heard some wonderfully touching stories about things we didn't know, saw some neat stuff backstage and in the utilitdors and met an awesome tour guide! She answered all our questions and was sure to tell us that while "on stage", some answers could be different so as to not spoil any magic, especially for their littlest guests. We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House and got to visit with a different tour guide (in addition to ours) as he was on lunch duty that day. It's a lot of walking, but you do get a couple breaks to sit down. Our tour took almost 5 hours. It was well worth the cost. I sent Disney an email telling them how good I thought the tour was as well as our tour guide. You'll really enjoy it!! :mickey:

kaylamag
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Doing this tour in December, can't wait!!!

disneykidsince1970
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
My sister and I did this tour back in 2004. It was a blast!! I had worked for Disney during college and still learned new facts about MK. It was a wonderful experience!

Nikki:mickey: