PDA

View Full Version : First Meal Alone as Couple

jonahbear2006
08-07-2011, 12:01 AM
January my husband and i will be participating in the half marathon together. That being said, I am wondering what should I book for dinner that night. It will be our first and maybe only time in wdw without children. Dont say Le Cellier though bc it is already booked up for Jan 7th. :-( that was my first choice and so now I am stumped by choosing between all of the rest of the signature spots.

Disney Hungarian
08-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I enjoy the view from the California Grill. The food is good too.:)

Have fun on your night out!

cather74
08-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Narcoose's. It is so romantic and I have been to bothe California Grill and Narcoose's. CG was very loud. I think the view from Narcoose's was also more romantic.

Venus0880
08-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Congrats on your run! I ran my first half last January, and I had more fun running than I ever thought I would in my entire life. :mickey: I also wanted a nice, romantic restaurant as a reward for myself and my fiance (who is an ultra runner and paced me the whole way.) I have always loved the ambiance of the mexico pavilion in epcot. (I am assuming you have park tix.) So I decided to splurge more than I normally would. I hope you like mexican food, because it was such a lovely evening. We asked to sit on the water so we could watch the boats go along the river, but that added like a 30 min wait and we (errr, I) were exhausted by that point. There is nowhere in DW that comes close to the amazing atmosphere. I highly, highly recommend it. Also, it's not as expensive as some of the aforementioned locations. Good luck with your half. I hope you finish with a big, goofy smile on your face like I did. You are gonna have a blast.

dizneydeb22
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
My DH and I took our first adult only trip to WDW last year. We decided to try Jiko. It is our new favorite. No matter what you decide, I'm sure you'll be pleased. Almost all of the signature dining is fantastic! Enjoy your trip!

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Congratulations to both you and your husband on participating in the Half Marathon:thumbsup: I've wanted to do it for years, but unfortunately our work schedule does not permit a vacation during that time of year. It's on my bucket list though:mickey:

All of the Disney Signature Restaurants are incredible. Wherever you dine you will enjoy it and I'm sure you will both be ready to relax after that run!

My favorite restaurant for a romantic meal is Cali Grill during the Wishes Fireworks. If you can get a window seat you are able to see the fireworks, if not you can go out on the patio and watch them while the music plays along. The food, service, and atmosphere are truly fabulous!

Enjoy your trip and good luck to you both in preparing for the marathon:thumbsup:

AgentC
08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I like the wine room at the Cali Grill. Best of both worlds. You can go out on the observation deck for Wishes, but have your dinner inn a quiet, private room in the back.

AllDisney
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM
We love Jiko for our romantic dinner while at WDW:blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I would say California Grill or Narcossee's....

DunkieKong
08-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Sanaa was one of the best meals my wife and I had together on our trip. Quiet, excellent food, and a view of the animals while we dined.

buzznwoodysmom
08-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Another vote for Cali Grill. DH and I had a date night there in March and everything was excellent.

Don't feel bad about not getting Le Cellier. We've dined there twice now and I am sorry to say that neither of our experiences lived up to all the hype! We were very disappointed both times. Only tried it a second time because we still kept reading the rave reviews! Now we are more than happy to leave space open to those who obviously love the place!

jonahbear2006
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Wow, lots of votes for the Cali Grill. We have eaten there 1 time and it was fantastic and we got to see fireworks! It was lovely! I have never had Jiko and I am soooo curious about that place! I am so tempted to eat there. Narcoosee's is our favorite restaurant, however, I already have that booked for Dinner our first night in October so I feel 'its all been done' (as barenaked ladies would say), for the next trip. hmm. I love all of the suggestions. The signature menus all look pretty much streamlined and it seems to be that you really just need to pick the ambiance that suits you. Is there someone who has done enough signatures that they can confirm this speculation?

TexasPrincessAurora
08-15-2011, 03:34 PM
DH and I have two favorites that we split out WDW date nights between...Artist Point and Narcossee's. Both are amazing in their own right. The food at both is fantastic, especially the soups! Narcossee's is nice if you can time it right to see the Electric Water Parade and the Fireworks.

JerseyDad
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
....here's a second thumbs up for San Angel Inn at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT.:thumbsup: The place is...dare I say...romantic (gosh it's tough to get those words out...being a guy ;)). The food is good...drinks are good...and the atmosphere is cozy.

MinnieMommie
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Hummm...I can see where you are coming from re similarities among the Signatures but in my experience the flavors as well as the ambiance differ. Since you have not been to Jiko and seem to be looking to try something new I can highly recommend it. The food is amazing and the service is attentive but laid back. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. A nice place to enjoy a romantic dinner together (but wherever you choose you can't go wrong). :mickey:

MongoMil
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
The wife and I are headding down in september for and adult only trip. This will be our first time just the two of us on a trip. Our big "Date Night" for us will be at Citricos. If I could have gotten a time that would have allowed us to see the fireworks from Cali Grill then I might have picked that. If you got the money to spend you can not go wrong with Victoria & Albert's. And if you REALLY have the money to spend on a meal go for the Chefs Table at V&A. :)

BrerGnat
08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Since you'll be at the Beach Club, I'd HIGHLY recommend Blue Zoo over at the Dolphin. It has amazing food and the ambiance is really cool as well (dark and romantic). Give it a try!

ValenciaCalling
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM
If you're looking for the quintessential romantic dining experience, I highly recommend Narcoosee's. It's dimly lit, on the water, and it's formal without being stuffy. I hope you two have a wonderful time, where ever you choose to go. :)

diz_girl
08-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Another vote for Narcoosee's. We've enjoyed our meals there. It's more romantic than Cali Grill. I also thought that Cali Grill was noisier.

beksy
08-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Narcossee's is my favorite and a must-do every trip so I would go with it. Time it with the fireworks and it is even more increadible!

Mousemates
08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
California Grill - if you can book for a time when you can watch wishes...(but you have already done that)....so i would suggest Artist Pointe, which is our favorite eatery at WDW.

jonahbear2006
08-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Booked Narcoosee's for a 735pm dinner. Thank you all for your help and advice. I cant wait to see disney without the kids, even if that sounds horribly mean.