PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa, worth the trip?

ranty
08-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone:mickey: My family and I are coming to the world in September. I made reservations for Sanaa for a dinner . My questions are is it worth the trip to the Animal Kingdom Lodge? (we are staying at CBR) Also I have a 3 yr old. Will he get to see the animals from the restaurant? Thanks everyone.:thumbsup:

lynnek
08-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Went last Nov with a 2 yr old, 10 and 12. If it is after dark, no they can't see the animals. But, after dinner walk outside and you can see quite a few. One of the most magical moments of our trip, watching the excitement on the 2 yr olds face when she spotted a giraffe--and tried to say it!
Totally worth the trip. We loved dinner here. It's our must do, first night. The birthday/special event celebration is cool here--the kids loved it and it wasn't for us. Great food here and the wait staff is very helpful making sure you get what you like.

SBETigg
08-07-2011, 09:02 AM
I love Sanaa. I think it's worth the trip. I prefer to go early enough to watch the animals, lunch or an early dinner. But the atmosphere is exotic and relaxing, and the food is very good.

LVT
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
My husband loved the animals just out the windows.

faline
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Some seats in the restaurant have views of the animals from the dining table. Many do not. Quite a few animals were in the area outside the restaurant when we were there. We were able to view them from the outside viewing area but could not see any from where we were seated.

SBETigg
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Some seats in the restaurant have views of the animals from the dining table. Many do not. Quite a few animals were in the area outside the restaurant when we were there. We were able to view them from the outside viewing area but could not see any from where we were seated.

It's really good to point that out, Linda, because it's easy to get raised expectations based on hearing about someone else's reports with a window view. We went early, probably the first of the lunch crowd. Only two other tables were filled. We did get a window view. But better not to go in thinking it will be that way. I was under the impression that the view could be seen from the tables further back, but sounds like not the case. Thank you. Good to know for repeat visits.

DisneyDINK
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
If I remember the menu is largely Indian influenced, naan, curries, etc. My wife and I really liked the food.

I agree getting an early seating is the way to get a table with a view. We went for lunch and the place wasn't crowded at all, but it was January. We saw Giraffes, that was it, but it was nice.

Keep in mind, Kidani is not like the AKL in that there's not a big lobby with shops,etc. There's Saana and the hotel rooms and that's about it. If you go there there you go to the restaurant and then you leave.

SBETigg
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
If I remember the menu is largely Indian influenced, naan, curries, etc. My wife and I really liked the food.

I agree getting an early seating is the way to get a table with a view. We went for lunch and the place wasn't crowded at all, but it was January. We saw Giraffes, that was it, but it was nice.

Keep in mind, Kidani is not like the AKL in that there's not a big lobby with shops,etc. There's Saana and the hotel rooms and that's about it. If you go there there you go to the restaurant and then you leave.

Yes, but it is a very short walk or bus hop over to AKL's main building from Kidani, so we usually manage to go enjoy their lobby and gift shop while we're there, after eating, before we head back to whatever park is next on our list. It only makes sense to make the most of it. It's a great resort for exploring. Plus, we usually head to Sanaa from the AK on our day to do that park, so it's only a five minute ride or so. Good planning helps.

MonoMan
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Without a doubt one of the best meals we've had at Disney and we generally dine at 3 to 5 signature restaurants each trip. If you have time I would suggest you go early or plan to stay afterwards to walk around the resort and enjoy the surroundings.

ElenitaB
08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I was under the impression that the view could be seen from the tables further back, but sounds like not the case. Thank you. Good to know for repeat visits.
Definitely not the case. We were seated toward the back of the restaurant and couldn't see the outside area easily at all.

I know I'm in the minority here, but even with my love of Indian food, one visit to Sanaa was enough for me. That's okay... more ADRs for the rest of you! :)

SBETigg
08-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Definitely not the case. We were seated toward the back of the restaurant and couldn't see the outside area easily at all.

I know I'm in the minority here, but even with my love of Indian food, one visit to Sanaa was enough for me. That's okay... more ADRs for the rest of you! :)

I love Indian, too, but this is not really like the Indian food you'll find in NYC, as you've seen. It's more dishes with a hint of India (Disney style :)). But I still really enjoyed our meal there. It's my daughter's new favorite Disney restaurant.