PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best ressie time?

disneymomma2010
08-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I want to do things different this year. Usually on our mk day we eat a late breakfast somewhere and then go to mk and stay all day. I have never been to the opening ceremonies. So this year we are going to experience it for the first time!:D We are going to eat lunch at the whispering canyon and eat dinner at columbia harbor house. And maybe for the first time ever try that whole thing about going back to the resort and resting in the middle of the day.;) I have also heard you can get alot of your favorite rides done in the morning.

So here is my question. I want to make the best of my time. My options for lunch times at wcc are 1:05 or 2:20. Which would be better?

We are just eating a small snack for breakfast so im afraid if we wait till 2:20 we might be starving, and then not hungry enough for dinner at chh, which I want to eat at at least by 7 so we can watch the 8:00 parade. But it we go with the 1:05 ressie will we have enough time to get enough rides in before we will have to head over to the lodge? Also, how much time would I need to get to our ressie on time?

lighteningqueen
08-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Always allow your self an hour to get anywhere. By the time you get to the buses, then wait for the buses ... You need to be at your ressie.wcc 15 min early check in. Sometimes when you get there even earlier than that, they go ahead and seat you.. Leave at 1 do the 2pm one. Then go back do more rides take it slow and enjoy it..Just make sure you dont wait too late for CHH, The last time we went in 2009 Early Dec, supposed to be slow season, they ran out of food by 6pm,closed their doors. I so wanted that shrimp basket. The first 2 weeks of Dec are becoming like spring break and summer busy...busy..busy.We changed to try Jan this time to be able to do more. Have a great time!!

disneymomma2010
08-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow, I can't believe they ran out of food and closed the doors! That's crazy. Hopefully that wont happen to us. Dh is wanting the shrimp basket too.

lighteningqueen
08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I was so mad.. How can that happen, but it did and there was a sign on the door. We went in the supposed slow month and lines were60-80minutes wait time. All we did was wait and wait.Love that time of year but you cannot even move in the hub before or after wishes. Took 2 hours to get thru to get to buses then waited until the 4th one came to get back to the POP.

Hammer
08-07-2011, 04:30 PM
While normally I agree that you need to allow 1 hour to arrive at a resort hotel via WDW transportation, in this particular case, it is probably not necessary. As you are going from the Magic Kingdom to a Wilderness Lodge, the boat ride is about 20 minutes long and goes about every 20 minutes, so even with bad luck, you could be there in 40-45 minutes. Also, you have the bus option, which is the option I always used to go back to Wilderness Lodge when I have stayed there. I am back to the hotel within 20 minutes, including waiting for the bus.

I'm also not a believer in arriving for a reservation 15 minutes before. I won't do that for dining anywhere else, and I think it creates more crowding at Disney restaurants because of it. 5-10 minutes is sufficient, as no matter what, you still will be waiting :wait: !