PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Horseshoe Review

steamboat willy
08-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I have read good an bad reviews on the food at DHR, but do they still do the old show or some version of it inside the saloon? You used to have to get inside for the scheduled shows that often filled up early with lines outside on the porch?
I understand it is seasonal, but I figured in September would be seasonal. Thanks

Bucs300
08-06-2011, 10:46 AM
The Diamond Horseshore is rarely ever open anymore but if you're gonna be there in September there's a good chance it might be open. They do the free dining promotion in September and they will usually open The Diamond Horseshore during that time period, and also the week between Christmas and New Years. As far as the show goes I don't think they do the live shows anymore, they have a self playing piano sitting on the stage now that sometimes plays. :mickey:

kakn7294
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
For our week in July, they had the Diamond Horseshoe open as a CS location - BBQ turkey and pork sandwiches, a salad, etc. There was no show. It is just a seasonal location and the times it was open throughout the day were very limited.

iceicebritney
08-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I will be there in September also. I tried to make reservations online but it said nothing was available:(. If you are able to find anything, let me know. I'd love to go back to the horseshoe for nostalgia purposes, it's been too long!

Pirate Granny
08-06-2011, 02:08 PM
We ate ther probably three years ago, in Sep. It was a TS and the menu was the same as LTT.

TheRustyScupper
08-07-2011, 09:51 AM
1) Ah, the Diamond Horseshoe !
2) We loved that place.
. . . cute "Western" floor show with dancing, singing and jokes
. . . audience participation on and off stage
. . . snacks and sandwiches and soft drinks
. . . nicely air conditioned on a hot day
3) The labor costs became too much for WDW budget constraints.
. . . dancers
. . . comics
. . . other performers
. . . musicians
4) They shut it down with little fanfare.
5) Now, it is an overflow eatery for LTT in busy seasons.
. . . sandwiches for lunch
. . . family-style for dinner
. . . no show for either
6) In most cases, not worth the effort
7) WHAT A PITY to kill off such a nice attraction !!!!

NOTE: The Disneyland version is Golden Horseshoe.

Ian
08-07-2011, 10:30 AM
No shows anymore at Diamond Horseshoe.

For a bit of history, DHR was one of the original shows from back when the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971. Somewhere about 1986 they changed the name to the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree.

Originally, DHR shared its kitchen with the Adventureland Veranda and had a full service, sit-down menu of sandwiches and stuff (think Plaza restaurant). When the Verandah closed they changed the name again to the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue and started offering a counter service menu.

They shut down the Diamond Horseshoe show in January '03 and replaced it with Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree. That closed in '04. Now, as others have said, it's just a counter service place used for overflow dining.

Brownie54
08-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the history lesson Ian. Very interesting. Funny that of all my years of going to WDW I never once did the show. It seems like it might have been similar to the Hoop-de-Doo Revue. Any comparisons?