PDA

View Full Version : TS for antsy/energetic 2-3yr old?

MommaMouse
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Any suggestions for a TS restaurant that would be good for my very energetic almost 3 yr old? We taken him to Rainforest Cafe so I was thinking of taking him there and to try T Rex and we're also going to be doing Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Any other thoughts??? I know that Disney is kid friendly but I don't want to annoy other restaurant patrons nor do I want to spend time trying to entertain or chase my son around.

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Ohana!! They get the kids up and dance and move around a lot here so no worries. Same thing with Tusker house! they do two diff dances there where the kids get to dance with mickey but this one is only during breakfast that they do that. Mickeys backyard bbq is another one but that is seasonal and a 2 credit meal. pretty much any buffet where characters are, they get up and down a lot; 1900 park fare, chef mickeys, akershus, crystal palace, hollywood and vine all have this type of atmosphere as well. I highly recommend Tusker house for breakfast. its a superb menu with soo many different things to choose from and you get the fabulous five like at chef mickeys but chef mickeys food is sup par compared to the other.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Are you taking my son on your vacation? It sure sounds like him, and if so, cancel your trip!

I kid I kid...

We took our DS2 to Rainforest Café in Nashville 6 months before Disney as a test run, and we too booked T-Rex at Disney after having a good Nashville trip. While every single meal we had with him (28 months) was difficult to say the LEAST, we were the least embarrassed at Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's for breakfast, and Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (our best meal for sure). Things were so bad our T-Rex day that we canceled that one, but I think it would be a good place for you (any place that was loud BEFORE we got there was our favorite!)

Our duds were Le Cellier (we shift-ate that meal, what was I thinking), Tony's Town Square (table too small so we couldn't keep him from spilling drinks and food), and Sci-Fi (practically no table at all to keep drinks away from his octopus arms plus it was very dark and my DS2 developed a previously-unseen fear of the dark while at Disney).

I was happy to get back from that June trip still married and not in jail, and after many, many hard lessons learned we returned with DS2 that December and had a WONDERFUL trip (without any TS meals at all :blush:).

disneymomma2010
08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Wispering canyon! I have two rowdy twin boys! Going anywhere to eat with them is a challenge. We have took them to wc twice and it was perfect for them. Its very active and fun. Not at all stuffy. They get to get up and run around the room with stick horses. You should try it!

MommaMouse
08-06-2011, 01:34 AM
To: Goofy4TheWorld Are you taking my son on your vacation? It sure sounds like him, and if so, cancel your trip!

You make me laugh! My son has been to WDW 3 times (at 1 yr, 20mths and our last trip he was a hair over 2). All those times we've eaten at counter service restaurants as it was only my husband and I there to corral him for a very brief scarffing down of food while the other watched my little rambunctious son. This time we're going with my new son (he'll be nine mths at the time),my almost three yr old, DH and in laws. We made reservations for TS meals all previous visits with my son and happily cancelled when we got down there and realized how much fun it wouldn't be-ugh!
Here's to hoping that maybe more than one of us can enjoy a meal at a time now that I'm going to have reinforements!!!:fingers:

jonahbear2006
08-06-2011, 12:50 PM
We always spend a month or two before our trip teaching disney world manners and rewarding them with disney pins to trade while they are down there. We also keep a container on the counter where we put 1 ticket for each well behaved dinner somewhere or public outing and each ticket is good for 1 dollar of souvenirs. It works really well with our kids, even the little ones. I also love the idea that someone posted awhile back to buy the take and toss sippy cups and to fill each one with crayons and a piece of paper and some candy, etc...to keep your child busy while they wait for their food. In Disney World, there are kids everywhere so everyone pretty much understands when you have a child act up, so dont worry too much. You will have a good time and never leave your child behind bc you are worried he might not behave. Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind.

iceicebritney
08-06-2011, 02:06 PM
What about Hoop Dee Do Review or Mickeys Backyard BBq? My three year old nephew who can't sit still for a moment had a blast at the BBq dancing on the dance floor the entire time. The best part was, afterwords, he crashed! It was our night to watch him while my sister and her hubby went to Cali grill for a night out and it couldnt have gone better! I was so worried we wouldn't be able to hold his attention or he'd be bored fast, but it was perfect! I highly recommend the BBQ if you don't have that planned already:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Any of them except the Signature dining experiences. The reason is there are kids at almost all of them and they are all antsy. Some are a little better than others because they have guest participation. Ohanas has the kids do several things and Whispering Canyon gets kids into it as well.

January-2007
08-06-2011, 06:18 PM
We're taking DS to the Hoop-Dee-Doo and we're sure he's going to love it because when we were in Disneyland earlier this year he absolutely loved the Golden Horseshoe Review with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We went there for lunch 3 times, sat in a different place each time, and he had a ball each time. We got cat. 3 seating and we're so excited about the schedule change for the show- we'll be at the 4:00 seating, so he'll actually be awake and ready to enjoy himself. Also, this will be an off day from the parks. DS will be about 26 1/2 months. Our other dining plans? Lots, but I have the Disney Dining number in my cell phone so they can be cancelled if we don't think he's up for it.

Disney Doll
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
We like buffets with little ones. Not having to wait on food to be prepared is really helpful when you know your kid isn't going to want to sit for very long.

LVT
08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Crystal palace buffet is ready for them.

Cinderelley
08-07-2011, 03:54 AM
I have to agree with O'hana, Whispering Canyon and Crystal Palace. My nephew was about that age when we took him, and he loved breakfast at Akershus too.