PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use a snack credit?

disneymomma2010
08-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't know everything around the world that is considered a snack credit. Are there some awesome choices that I might not think about? Could you use it to purchase a muffin for breakfast in the morning? I definatly know that I will be using my snack credit in mk to try a dole whip that everyone raves about! :eat:

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
The answer is yes you can get a muffin and its anything under $4.00 with the exception of only a few things like some places say no fudge. There is a list you can google that is disney dining plan approved snack list. We just printed it off and then took it with us for reference til we knew where things were and how to get the most bang for our buck.

Our Fav. Snacks

MK-
Dole Whips-Aloha Isle
Main St. Bakery-Cinnomin Roll for brkfst
Funnel Cakes-Sleepy Hollow

Epcot-
School Bread-Kringla Og Kafe
Pretzel-Germany
Pastries-Boulangerie Patisserie
Kaki Gori-Japan
Popcorn-anywhere

HS-
fudge-Villians Sweet Shop
candy apples-Villians Sweet Shop

and also.....

boardwalk's boardwalk bakery-mickey face cakes and cheesecake brownies

sassafras
08-05-2011, 08:52 PM
You can get the most wonderful chocolate topped rice crispie treats that are drizzled with caramel in Germany at the Werthers store (Karmal Kruche?). They're about 2 inches thick and about 2x3 in size. The clerks will cut them in smaller pieces if you ask when they package them.:cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
We find that with three or four of us on each trip, we have between 21 and 40 snack credits, so we use them for what we want.

That being said, yes you can use them for muffins, danishes, etc for breakfast, you can get juice, coffee, etc (if you're in the parks, or don't have the mug). Many side dishes are also counted a snacks (we've made meals out of side dishes at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot), but our favourites are the caramel store in Germany (some of the best treats I have had in my whole life), and at Goofy's Candy Store in DTD. DD got a super cupcake with so much icing she ate it for an hour!

There are so many choices "better" than chips or popcorn, but don't panic about them ... if you need an extra drink or an extra order of fries, etc go for it and enjoy!

retiredfigment
08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
We always use several of our snack credits for breakfast and rice krispie Mickey's to bring home to keep the magic going:) One funny thing I found out at the food court.... a fruit cup of any one kind of fruit counts as a snack , however, if it is mixed fruit, it does not, even though they both cost the same. Still laugh over that one:mickey:

DunkieKong
08-06-2011, 01:17 AM
We always use at least a couple of snacks to get some of the cinnamon glazed nuts, usually in Epcot.

Also, it isn't really monetarily the best value, but we always get a Pickle In A Bag as a snack. It is great on a hot day. Very refreshing.

lynnek
08-06-2011, 06:38 AM
In your signature it says you're going in October....all of those yummy foods at Food and Wine!!!!

lighteningqueen
08-06-2011, 10:10 AM
The one thing I think this is wasted on is water or drinks.. Drinks are 2.19-2.49 You get up to3.99 to use it on..Makes no sense when you can have many real food items say for Breakfast. Or the hugest carrot cake from Main street bakery to take back to your room after a day at the park. Even sandwiches from Bougla??Patiss you know in France. Heavenly food items from there.. ANYTHING BUT WATER NO VALUE THERE AT ALL. WATER IS FREE AT ALL DRINKING FOUNTAINS.

luvdiznee
08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
A cup of chili's at Casey's. :mickey:

Dulcee
08-06-2011, 10:36 AM
My personal favorite is fried rice from the CS at Yak and Yeti, makes for a perfect lunch for me :)

brownie
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Hot pretzel from Germany, Mickey rice krispy treat with the ears dipped in chocolate from any of the resorts, or an ice cream sundae at Everything Pop at Pop Century resort are some of our favorites.

EpcotFan182
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
You can get one of those oh-so-tasty Mickey ice cream bars! :mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys! I knew I would get good advice! Thanks for the tip on printing the snack list off. Sounds like epcot would have lots of yummy choices. We arent very diverse with our pallet though. I definatly will not waste it on a drink! We will bring our own waters to the park. I can't wait till october!:D

HoosierDisneyFan
08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
We seem to always get Mickey rice krispy treats & Mickey ice cream bars. And you have to get a Dole Whip.

iceicebritney
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
It would be great if they would allow dining plan participants to use 2 snack credits for snacks over $4.00 similar to signature table service restaurants. I have no problem paying out of pocket for yummy snacks like turkey legs, etc but it would just be a wonderful addition to the dining plan:thumbsup: