PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens VA tips?

fanofdisney
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
We are getting ready for a trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA. Anyone have any touring tips? We have a mixed group, 2 teen boys who like roller coasters and 1 8 yr old who does not. Thanks.

DVC2004
08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
We visited last October and we enjoyed it, although we are all into coasters. It's a pretty park with lots of trees and flowers, and it's a little hilly. It's not in a traditional layout so I know we went to one area and had to back track sometimes because we'd found we'd passed another. I wish I could give you more tips but we pretty much did all the coasters and additionally the Haunted Houses since it was Halloween time. We all very much enjoyed it. We also ate a very good (but not cheap) barbecue place inside the park. There are alot of dining choices and I remember a colossal ice cream cone.

NJGIRL
08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
BG is big on rollercoasters and a few other thrill rides. My advice to you would be be since there will be alot of time spent waiting in lines for the coasters is to split up so your non- rollercoaster child will not get bored with all of the waiting. Get the daily schedule as soon as you get into the park and make a plan around the show times and then fill it in with rides that he does want to do. You can stay in contact with the older kids so that maybe they can meet you for the rides that everyone wants to do. I normally don't suggest families spliting up because I feel a vacation should be spent together, but it's not like Disney (a few coasters here and there), it's a coaster park.

It is very pretty and clean as already mentioned. :thumbsup:

cardinalsfan_98
08-05-2011, 01:42 PM
The first tip would be to not visit on a weekend (if possible). We went last Saturday (7/30) and the place was packed. DD went again on Tuesday (8/2) and she said she was able to pretty much walk on anything she wanted.
If you get there at park opening, head to other areas than the front.
The roller coasters are spread out all over the property, and most have other attractions near them for non-riders.
If you have an iPhone, BG just released an app yesterday. I haven't been to the park with it yet, but it appears to have great potential.
The dining is wonderful, but I personally don't care for the Festhaus located in Germany. Three Rivers Smokehouse in New France is highly recommended.:thumbsup:
Have a great trip!

cardinalsfan_98
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
***CORRECTION***
The other day I said Three Rivers Smokehouse in New France. The correct name is Trappers Smokehouse. Either way, it is tasty!

yjgirl32
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
We too were just there in the middle of July. Big park as mentioned- but manageable. Coasters are spread out so the non-coaster rider will have other things to keep him/her occupied. Loved the Irish dancing. We went on a Thursday which had limited crowds and then on a Sunday which was packed- got the quick que- like a fast pass but you have to pay- worth every penny to buy. You don't get in the front row but you are on the rides(mainly roller coasters) much fast. Something to look into. They also have a "sister" water park that is a lot of fun. Good luck- have a great trip.