PDA

View Full Version : Best Carnival Cruise for 5 year old

wdwnutz
08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
We have never been on cruise and DCL is just not affordable right now. What is the best carnival cruise ship for a 5 year old? Any info / tips are much appreciated! Looking for the best price possible! Also is a balcony worth it? Was thinking when DS wants to help to bed at night or is still sleeping in morning the balcony would be nice to sit on and not feel cramped in the room....

coloradowendyl
08-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I just got off the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral and loved it. It had an awesome kids program and a fabulous kids water area with slides for all ages.

The ship was beautiful! Feel free to email me for info [email protected]. I have pix of the kids water area I am pretty sure!

Wendy

NJGIRL
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
IMO a balcony is worth every penny. Rooms (no matter what cruise line) are tight so the balcony gives you a little extra and makes it feel not so close. Sitting out there in the morning or late at night in your PJ's is so relaxing. If you have the extra to spend go for it!

Dedivah
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
We are going on our 4th Carnival Cruise in October. Any Carnival ship is ideal for children the kids program is excellent. My DD7 has been going from the time she was 2 and she loves it.

Next up, Carnival Dream!

On the Dream class ships there is a Cove Balcony. Not as pricey as they upper balconies but just as relaxing.