PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Sightings?!

disneykidsince1970
08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I needed some "alone" time last Sunday so decided to hop in the car and drive over to Disney. My plan was to crash the pool at the Grand Fla for a couple of hours. That didn't quite work out (it was waay too hot and sunny to chill by the pool) so I ended up hotel hopping on the monorail. During my walkabouts I spotted two different celebrities:

1. Rudy from Cosby Show was coming out of the Grand Fla Spa with an older lady who looked just like her. They looked very fresh and happy.

2. Adam Sandler was sitting on the steps of the volcano pool at the Poly playing with his son. As I walked by I overheard him say (in daddy-tone) "do you want to go sit down for a little while and we'll come back and play in the pool later?" Very sweet! I came back by a few hours later and Adam was sitting on a lounge chair absolutely mobbed by nine-year-olds.

And in previous years...

3. About ten years ago my sister Carolyn and I discreetly followed Meryl Streep around Frontierland.

4. We were at the Grand Fla for the Milenium and Hootie and the Blowfish were staying there too. We saw the band (and their families) walking around the grounds a few times. They were super friendly, smiling and waving at people.

So it got me thinking... surely my Intercot friends have had similar experiences!

Have you ever spotted any celebrities at Disney?

Nikki :mickey:

tink179
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Apparently Grand Floridan is the place to be for celebrities! When we were there dining at park fare one table away from us was Joey Fatone and his family from the backstreet boys. I thought that was pretty cool!:mickey:

princessgirls
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Celebrity sightings are fun!!!

We ran into Kelly Ripa, her husband Mark, and there three kids in the Magic Kingdom. We didn't bother them. Kelly was in WDW to host the Christmas parade. We didn't approach her or anything, as she was just a Mom doing some rides with her kids. She wore 4" heels running around the Magic Kingdom. God Bless her!

Julie:mickey:

tyandskyesmom
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
My husband hung out at Victoria Falls with the Stray Cats a bunch of years ago...the kid and I were sound asleep...

WishingStar2006
08-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and his family having breakfast at a table diagonal from mine at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

I waited until they were leaving and asked for an autograph....he was very gracious and I have it framed on my living room wall...this was about 8 years ago.

alliekat
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Once I was waiting for my daughter and husband to come off thunder mountain railroad.
A few minutes later Coby Bryant,his son,and his wife walk by the wife lets him and his son go on the ride and she sits on the bench i'm sitting on and we start talking.I thought it was pretty cool she is very nice person.

iceicebritney
08-04-2011, 01:44 PM
It was late 90's, right at beginning of the bubble gum pop music reboot. I was a huge fan of the new MMC and grew up watching it on the Disney channel. We were waiting in line at Planet Hollywood for dinner. Back in those days if you were waiting for a table, the line weaved up the left side of the steps. While we were waiting in line for what seemed like forever, all of a sudden this mob of security came up the middle of the steps. With the larger than life body guards came all of Nsync:thumbsup: It was the Highlight of my teenage years for sure:mickey:

Other than that I saw Mr. Miagi from the Karate Kid in MGM doing an autograph session

KylesMom
08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Since this is more of a discussion on celebrity sightings rather than a trip report, I'm going to motor this thread on over to the Mousellaneous forum. Hang on, we'll be there in a minute! :mickey:

mickey_M_lvr
08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I have to be honest....I am not sure I would be able to spot a celeb if they were standing in front of my pointing at their ID. :blush:

I am really bad at things like that...But it's so cool to hear stories!

disneymom15
08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Christmas 2004, we were at DHS waiting to go on RnRC. Gary Sinise and his family were within arms reach of me.

disneycutie165
08-04-2011, 05:30 PM
We saw Michael Phelps walking across the Wilderness Lodge a week after the 2008 Olympics... I was ecstatic! :rings::swim:

snowflakegirl
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
When I was there in 2005 I saw Joey Lawrence and someone I assumed was his girlfriend at the time (I just looked it up and it looks like they got married at some point in 2005...and they met 13 years before that at Disney World!). They walked by me in the wine shop in France while I was waiting to get a glass of wine.

Same trip, I didn't see him, but the staff at Test Track were saying that John Stamos had been there earlier that day.

Basket Mommy
08-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Christmas 2004, we were at DHS waiting to go on RnRC. Gary Sinise and his family were within arms reach of me.

Oh, Lieutenant Dan. I would pass out if I saw Gary Sinise in person. I love him.

I haven't ever seen anyone famous while at Disney, but I did see Stedman Graham (Oprah's boyfriend) deplaning while we were waiting in the security line at MCO. I only count it because we were leaving Orlando after our 2010 Disney vacation.