PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh..I just did something that I hate when others do it!

WDWCrazyKaren
08-04-2011, 08:30 AM
I made two reservations for the same time! I PROMISE I will cancel one of them...soon. But, I've always wanted to eat at LeCellier, and in all the trips we have made there, we have never been able to get an ADR. Well, we're 180 days out today, so I knew I was making the ADR's this morning, but last night, my DH and I looked at the menus, and he decided he would rather eat at Les Chefs de France instead of LeCellier! Soooo...I made reservations at both, and I'm going to try and talk him into it! Is Les Chefs de France awesome? If it is, maybe I'll let it go another year and try LeCellier next year!

iceicebritney
08-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I prefer Les Chefs over Le Cellier personally. My husband and I are not fans of the atmosphere in Le Cellier and the last few times our service was poor to say the least.

I love having a window seat in Les Chefs. It really feels like a street side cafe in downtown Paris with the artists and vendors nearby.:mickey:

I also prefer the entrees at Les Chefs... However, I do enjoy the deserts at Le Cellier better.

If it makes it easier, choose whichever one you've never eaten at before for dinner and maybe have lunch at the other? I know we are probably going to do that this trip since it's so hard to choose between all of the A-mazing restaraunts in WDW:mickey:

big blue and hairy
08-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I made two reservations for the same time! I PROMISE I will cancel one of them...soon.

:blowup::angry::badpc::humph::fit:

I'm kidding....I have no doubt you will cancel the other one and someone will get to use it...

:sulley:

AllDisney
08-04-2011, 09:25 AM
One of our favorites is Les Chefs.

Strmchsr
08-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Just an FYI, Disney's system has been canceling double-timed ADRs lately because of those who abuse the system. You might want to cancel one of those sooner rather than later so that you don't risk losing the one you want.

brivers222
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I personally love when you think disney is cancelling a conflicting ADR when booking another... that little pop up window comes up... then you hit okay and all set.

Then about a week later you review your reservations and see that it DID NOT delete your previous request and you now have a 10am and a 10:15. Ironically i find this happens a lot with the ones you have to put a credit card hold on. Perhaps its the "systems" way of accidently forgeting to unbook you so if you don't show up they can charge you.

either way, it happens to everyone. But strmchsr, thats a good tip right there... that would stink if they arbitrarily chose to delete the one you really wanted!

SBETigg
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I love Chefs de France and would choose it over Le Cellier any day. I like Le Cellier, too, I just think the actual experience is not nearly as good as the build-up would have you believe. It's consistent for delivering decent meals, while Chefs can be more up and down. So Le Cellier gets the kudos and the crowds, but it's not really the best, or anywhere near, on property. It's good. You will be happy with any one you choose. It's just not all that, for me.

A Big Kid
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Le Celier is overrated, good, but overrated. Le Chefs is a better choice IMHO.

darthmacho
08-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Enjoyed both last trip. I'm betting whichever you choose, you'll be happy. If I had to pick one right now, I'd go with Chefs for lunch. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 08:41 PM
We were very disappointed in Les Chefs. They didnt have anything I couldnt do well at home, on my own stove. I thought the waiters were the most rude waiters I have ever experienced at Disney World and my creme brulee was soggy on top. How can you bring someone some soggy C.b? It is supposed to crack. Anyways, the best part of the meal was seeing Remi, which made it all worthwhile but the dining room ambiance made me feel very on edge and it was loud and bustling. I was in a big hurry to get out of there.

spoiledraf
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I actually had two ADRs for Le Cellier and last week canceled them both. Time and price just didn't fit in. I too have never been but too many are saying it's just not worth it. Hope I made someone else happy.

tinksmom02
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
We just reshuffled our trip dates so we could take advantage of free dining. While I was waiting to hear from Terrisue at MJ, I was on the WDW ADR site booking things left and right. I definitely had way more than I needed. As soon as I got the OK from Terrisue that our new dates were a go, I went back and cancelled all the ones we didn't need. So, for the lucky person who scored my LeCellier lunch, you're welcome. ;) And actually I rescheduled that one with Le Chefs de France!

As for the overbooking warnings, I've gotten them for past trips, but nothing this time around. My ADRs times weren't *that* close, though--I would have a 5:35 and a 6:40.

Joannelet
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
My sis just did another ressie recently and they wouldnt let her choose 2 breakfast meals regardless of times. So I think they are and should be strict with this as the ressies are becoming such a hassle.

kakn7294
08-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Actually, they probably auto-cancelled one already. Last month, we had an ADR for 13 people at Ohana for dinner but 5 of us decided to go to the Luau instead. They auto-cancelled the Ohana dinner even though there was a 1.5 hr time difference in the reservation times.

WDWCrazyKaren
08-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Well, I cancelled Le Cellier, so someone can now book it!

They were actually not quite the same time...Le Cellier was for the last lunch seating and Les Chefs was for a very early dinner. It is scheduled for the first day of the trip, and we are always SO tired on the first day that we eat dinner ridiculously early because by about 8PM, we are shot.

DH really liked the menu options better at Les Chefs, and frankly, him being happy is what matters!

mousetrapper
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
We heard for years how great Le Cellier is, but just weren't blown away when we finally ate dinner there. We all did love the cheddar soup and pretzel bread though! :thumbsup:

It just didn't rise to our expectations. I'm not sure if it's because it was so hyped up that it just couldn't meet my high expectations no matter how good it was, but somehow I doubt if that was the case. It was just OK, IMHO.

This trip we scheduled a dinner at Les Chefs de France. It was one place I never really considered until I checked out the menu, and then paid attention to what people were saying about it. Sounds excellent, and I believe they have more vegetarian options on the menu which will benefit my 17 year old (I have to double-check that).

I'll report back after our trip!

darthmacho
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
DH really liked the menu options better at Les Chefs, and frankly, him being happy is what matters!

That's really a nice thing for you to say, but I bet you'll be happy too. Chef's has good food and atmosphere. It's hard to go wrong at WDW. Have fun, and don't forget to give us a review in your trip report!

ransam
08-09-2011, 09:00 AM
i'd just use them both. it be like a Brady Bunch episode where Greg had two dates to the prom.

JWB3
08-09-2011, 09:24 AM
We actually liked the food at both restaurants but preferred the atmosphere at Les Chefs. Le Cellier felt like we were eating in someone's basement. Oh wait - Le Cellier: I guess we were!! Nevermind! ;)