PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Photopass Photobook ?'s

TheVBs
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Just looking for some feedback on this! :mickey: Through several emails to Photopass, I've figured out a few things.

The book costs $49.95 preorder or $79.95 non-preorder
The initial cost gets you 20 pages and you can add up to 40 more at $3.50 per 2 page spread
The format is 11" x 8.75"
The layouts are 4 photos, but you can drag photos anywhere on the page so you are not limited to 4
The text boxes can be customized, so you can make them larger for more journal-style entries
The photos and "stickers" can be resized as well

I would love to hear from someone who's created one though! I like the idea of the Disney themeing, but even the preorder amount is significantly higher than photobooks from other sites. Just want to make sure this is the right choice for us before I preorder. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
We've done photobooks from various sites and the Photopass one. I have to say the Photopass version is the nicest and the best "Disney" memory book. We don't do the Photopass Photobook every trip, but we do it occasionally for really special trips. I definitely think all the Disney specific pages and options are worth it to capture the memories from those extra special trips. For our "normal" trips, where we're not celebrating anything specific, we just do our own photobook. Not as nice, but definitely cheaper.

TheVBs
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback! :mickey: I think I'm almost sold on this. Did you by any chance try to fit a large amount of text in on any page? I did a vacation photobook for the first time through another site for our St. Louis/Arkansas trip last year. On every trip I keep a journal, and what I loved about doing the photobook was that I could add a great deal of the journal text to it. I'm thinking the same thing, that it would be a great Disney vacation memory. Pricey, yes, but I think I'd really like to try it this year. Just wanted to see if others were happy with the end product. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
We did fit a good bit of text on a couple of pages. I wouldn't say there's any overwhelming amount of room for text, but enough that you should be able to accomplish what you're after.

TheVBs
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Awesome! Thank you! :mickey: