PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks out!

NH Disneyfan
08-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi everyone. So, we're 2 weeks away from our trip. With all the planning behind us for a 10 night trip - what would you be doing right now to get ready for the magic?

Jillirose
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Enjoying the anticipation! I read a study recently that said prior to vacation, mood is noticeably elevated for up to a month! The first day back after vacation, not so noticeable - back to normal :confused:

NJGIRL
08-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Packing! :mickey:

Smortz
08-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Sounds like we will be there at the same time as you!

We are looking at youtube constantly. We are watching videos about our hotel, about fun things kids do in the parks, etc. We love seeing the excitement and start getting super excited ourselves. Also, with the weather here being 113F we keep saying how much cooler it will be in Florida :)

BigRedDad
08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
doing everything I can to forget about it. Too much stress already trying to get work closed out to take a week off. I pack the night before so packing is not an option.

I guess, relax as much as possible.

For me, my 2 weeks out mentality will be:
1. Buckle down to get the final week of my MBA complete (9/11 cannot get here fast enough)
2. 1 week before buckle down to get caught up on work I put off completing my MBA the week before. Work nights to get the next week planned out while I am away.
3. Day before: Go see Lion King 3D (09/17)
4. Do of: find some way to tell my DD that she and I are going alone. She does not know we are going. It is a graduation present to myself. Just the other day she said she would only go to Disney World again if she doesn't have to fly. UH OH!!!

Disney4us2
08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
12 days for us. I am packing and buying extra pins:mickey:

Ms. Mode
08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
11 days to the magic for us...we're watching the weather forecast and praying for all Tropical Storms to move up the coast without impact to the shoreline. :thumbsup:

Other than that, I read Intercot by the minute and tell my family "Disney News" every evening.

yourmagicalguide
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
To get pumped for our Disney trips, we listen to Disney music at home, in the car, and at work :music: :sing: It will put you and your family in a great and magical mood :mickey:

We also keep up with the latest WDW news and watch the weather forecast just in case we need to make some last minute changes to our plans.

I also create a checklist of everything we need to pack a week or so before the trip just to make sure we don't forget anything. I also use the same list to make sure we don't leave anything behind in the hotel before we head home. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

NH Disneyfan
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Great ideas! I'm going to make the list now.

Our current idea.....Each night leading up, we're going through the maps with the kids and they each get to pick their top 5 rides. Then, I told them they can pick a 6th to replace one of the top 5. It was so much fun and with map #1 - Magic Kingdom, they got to keep the list of 6. Oh - and no ride can be selected twice.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Making list of what I need to pack/bring and shopping for any last minute items....if you are taking snacks you could start getting them now, make arrangements for someone to watch pets, water plants, keep an eye on the house etc....

I think the biggest thing is trying to focus on everything you have to do until then instead of thinking "I'll be there in two weeks":D

pdrlkr
08-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: