PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland expansion question

Aurora
08-03-2011, 12:24 AM
i was looking at the artist renderings again of the Fantasyland expansion and wondering: Are they really going to have waterfalls behind the Little Mermaid area (and it looks like Beast's Castle too), or is this just artistic license?

If they are, that is so cool. I'm really looking forward to going back when it's all finished.

Bucs300
08-03-2011, 03:06 AM
From what I've ready about it Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel will each have their own area and will each have their own "castle", or meet and greet area. Ariel's castle will contain the new Little Mermaid attraction which is already at Disney's California Adventure. Now as far as the waterfalls go behind the Little Mermaid ride go I'm not sure, in the concept art it shows them but I saw a scale model of the area and it looked identical to the art but had no signs of any waterfalls. But I really couldn't see them building that entire area without having some water or waterfalls, it just wouldn't be right!! :mickey:

Ian
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
We actually talked about this on one of our podcasts awhile back. The general conclusion we came to was that, with past projects, the concept art has almost always turned out to be a very accurate representation of what is ultimately built.

Based on that, I'd expect the waterfalls to be a part of the new Fantasyland area.

BandMan
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
When we were there in June we saw LOTS of PVC plumbing installed in those areas. I am quite sure there will be waterfalls. :mickey:

DNS
08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Where did you find the artist renderings? And when is this to be completed?
Thanks!

Aurora
08-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Based on that, I'd expect the waterfalls to be a part of the new Fantasyland area.

When we were there in June we saw LOTS of PVC plumbing installed in those areas. I am quite sure there will be waterfalls. :mickey:

:clappy: :muscles: :clappy: :muscles:

I am so pumped!

Where did you find the artist renderings? And when is this to be completed?
Thanks!

I actually took photos of the paintings on construction walls in Fantasyland when we were there in June, so I was looking at my own photos. But the Orlando Sentinel ran some very nice, large renderings online.

Moderators, can I post a link to a Sentinel article? Can't remember if that's allowed. DNS, if the link has to be removed per TOS, just do a search on the Sentinel website for the new Fantasyland.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/orl-disney-world-new-fantasyland-plans-page,0,2321880.htmlpage

Buttercup
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
I was taking a closer look at the mini 3-D model they have. Wouldn't it be wonderful in all those little meandering paths around Sleeping Beauty and Maurice's house that they put up park benches... :cloud9:
I always love the quiet pathways around Cinderella Castle that rarely anyone is walking past, and you're under nice big shady trees. :bubbles:

texas211
08-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd still trade it for my 20,000 leagues ride.

Stu29573
08-04-2011, 11:55 PM
I'd still trade it for my 20,000 leagues ride.

Me too!

ransam
08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
i'm sure this has been covered, so i'm sorry. but when is the first phase slated to open?

Melanie
08-05-2011, 11:33 AM
i'm sure this has been covered, so i'm sorry. but when is the first phase slated to open?

Late summer/fall 2012.

azcavalier
08-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Late summer/fall 2012.

OK...do we know WHAT is going to open in the fall of 2012? We're going in December of 2012, and are wondering if the "Be Our Guest" restaurant would be open by then.