PDA

View Full Version : Value Hotel Discounts?

seanyred
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
I was wondering if their are discounts for DVC members for booking a regular hotel room on property? More specificly I'm looking to add three nights on a upcoming vaction but wanted to stay at POP (instead of borrowing points).

I thought I have heard of this before but couldn't find anything on the members website.

DizneyRox
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I called Member Services about this I think last year. I wasn't impressed with the discount offered, we just didn't go.

I'm not sure if it's available at values, it might of only been on the DVC rooms.

Your AP might be your best option...

VWL Mom
08-02-2011, 04:20 PM
When I booked through them this year it was 25% off of villas only.

Checkers
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't believe DVC members get any discount off rooms in the regular resorts (value, moderate, deluxe). If you book at the DVC villas on a cash basis, depending on availability, you do get a discount and as indicated I think it is 25%.

If you have an AP, usually you can get a good discount but you have to keep looking to make sure you book as soon as they are announced. Booking through Magical Journeys always assures you that you will get the best deal.:mickey:

DizneyRox
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
You might want to check with MJ, I'm not sure they can do anything with DVC discounted rooms. DVC tends to not talk to anyone without a Member Number.

seanyred
08-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Was womdering about MJ do they have any additional fees?