PDA

View Full Version : contemporary resort ''view'' question

thesplashmountaineer
08-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Is the ''theme park view'' worth the price difference?

Goofy4TheWorld
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Nope, and was a lesson I learned the hard way.

SBETigg
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I think it is worth it to some people. I had a a Bay Lake view when I stayed at the Contemporary and no regrets. It was a gorgeous view, and the park was right there anyway. But I've had MK views at other resorts (GF, Poly) and it was worth it, definitely. I loved looking out at the park and over the lagoon from the room. But we don't go for the view every time, and there are great things about every trip. Only you can answer if it's worth it to you.

BrowncatP
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I really enjoyed the view. You can also hear the music from Spectromagic from the balcony.(that was going on when I was there) Watch the fireworks, and watch the World go by.(busses, boats, etc.)

Gayle
08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
We had a lake view at BLT:mickey: And we loved it. The view relaxing and watching the boats, wonderful pool view. Just had to walk to the other side to watch the fire works. Would not pay extra. Just watch the fire works from the walkway between resorts:mickey:

stephntampa
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
One of our most magical visits is when we stayed at the Contemporary with a view of MK. It was so nice to sit in our PJ's and watch the fireworks from the comfort of our room. :cloud9: Definitely a splurge, go for it!!

BrerGnat
08-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Absolutely, if you can easily afford it.

Last time we stayed at CR, I splurged and paid for the upgrade. I ended up being room bound for 3 days due to illness, so it ended up being DEFINITELY worth it. I was able to lie in bed and still see the MK, watch the fireworks, listen to the park sounds, watch the monorails and boats go by. Also, in the morning, it was really nice eating breakfast on the balcony. Just a gorgeous view from so high up. Sunsets were also amazing!

If it's going to break the bank, you'll likely find it's not "worth it", but if it's money you will be spending anyway, and you think you'd enjoy the view, I highly recommend it!

A Big Kid
08-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I just ponied up for a MK view from the Poly cuz my wife just HAD to have it. If my wife is happy, chances are I'll be happy. In that sense, I guess it is worth it.

RBrooksC
08-04-2011, 08:17 AM
It all depends on what you want. I enjoyed my son going out on our balcony and watching the monorail. He LOVES trains and the monorail was a very cool train to him.

It was also nice to watch the first night we go there Wishes from our balcony.

I also enjoyed being able to sit on a chair out there with a fine, imported bottle of beer and watch the park at night.

But that was our experience and it made it more magical for us.

To others, it might not matter so much.

iceicebritney
08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I enjoyed the MK view on our last visit to CR because I was also in the room for much of our last visit to the resort. I couldn't leave the room for a couple of days but it was nice to see everything from the room and still be reminded I was in my happy place. I couldn't imagine being stuck in the room without the view:mickey:

However, if you don't plan to spend much time in your room it may not be a smart investment. We had a theme park view at Poly one trip and totally regretted it because we were NEVER in our room. We spent all of our time in a completely different building where my sisters room was!

RBrooksC
08-04-2011, 08:37 AM
It all depends on what you want. I enjoyed my son going out on our balcony and watching the monorail. He LOVES trains and the monorail was a very cool train to him.

It was also nice to watch the first night we go there Wishes from our balcony.

I also enjoyed being able to sit on a chair out there with a fine, imported bottle of beer and watch the park at night.

But that was our experience and it made it more magical for us.

To others, it might not matter so much.

Oh, and I forgot, there was nothing like laying in bed at night, holding my wife and looking at the Castle illuminated. That was perfect.