PDA

View Full Version : Do you cry?

Belster
08-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Does anything at WDW make you cry? I have been thinking about that lately and how many Disney related things make me cry...anyone else?

TinkRocks
08-02-2011, 04:22 AM
A few things bring a tear to my eye -
• Toy Soldiers in Christmas Parade.
• Fantasmic! Intro & Sorcerer's Apprentice scenes.
• Jiminy Cricket introducing Spectromagic.
• Festival of the Lion King show.
• Remembering extinct attractions / previous narrations.
• Being with 'newbies' when they first see Cinderella Castle.
• Having to leave the parks at the end of a trip.
• A few scenes from movies also get the water works going...

HackLaSalle
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Two things have made me well up.

The Holiday Wishes fireworks and seeing Figment for the first time after I haven't seen him since I was 6 years old... I continued crying once I got on the ride because it was so horrifically bad. :thedolls:

Mousemates
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
never directly at things Disney....but occasionally my wife does...and when she does...sometimes my eyes mist a little too.

Daisy'sMom
08-02-2011, 09:21 AM
In American Adventure when they are showing the film with all of the people that made America great.
Standing on Main Street watching the fireworks and most of all, I get a bit teary when I watch Walt in One Man's Dream.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I'll often tear up during Wishes. And I remember one year watching the Holiday Illuminations feeling so overwhelmed by it and tearing up a bit. It was such a powerful feeling that came over me.

Have to add that there are parts in the American Adventure that get to me, as well as some parts of Walt One Man's Dream.

disneymom15
08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
One Mans Dream, the castle lighting at Christmas, and the last look down Main Street at the end of the trip.

tazlikesrobots
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
The departure gates at MCO make me want to cry. Does that count????:D

mickey_M_lvr
08-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok call me a softy but...everytime my son walks down Main Street and his eyes light up about things I have loved for sooooo long....I get a lil teary eyed.

Wished also gives me goosebumps.

Great thread! :thumbsup:

T-Belle
08-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Several things make me misty but what gets the tears rolling is the opening ceremony at MK.

Auntie B
08-02-2011, 09:48 AM
My first glimpse down Main Street and the castle gets me every time!

laprana
08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Wishes makes me tear up every time I see it! I also get a little teary at the American Adventure and the Candlelight Processional. And of course when we have to leave at the end of our vacation! :blush:

AlliMo
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I have to bring tissues into American Adventure because the ending always gets me! I also tear up at the GMR ending movie montage... and I am sure on my Honeymoon this Sept I will cry tears of joy at almost everything!!!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
08-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Saying "goodbye til next time" to the castle as we leave MK for our last day of vacation. Doesn't help that my son is already balling when he knows that he will have to wait til next year to see it again.

Also, I don't know what it is about the end of Magic, Memories, and You show on the castle, but when Walt says, "To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME". I get a little teary eyed.

dizneydeb22
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
My first and last:sadwave: walks down Main Street always have me in tears! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone! My family usually teases me! There will be numerous time during our trip...I never know when the emotion will over come me. Thank goodness for sunglasses!:waycool::cry:

brivers222
08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
My fiancee had an unexpected breakdown upon first arriving at MK...

2 years ago she lost her mother to a massive heartattack way to early. She has been coping with that loss (rather amazingly i might add). She never expected or anticipated such an overwhelming emotion upon entering in MK... but the smells, the sounds, the sights, instantly brought back memories of their last trip together when she was a toddler. We had to sneak off in that little cubby hole of shops on the left midway down mainstreet to let her regain her composure...

it was an unexpected touching moment.

and also... several unspoken scenes in UP! dang that movie!

whitney37354
08-02-2011, 10:59 AM
1. The wishing ceremony at CRT breakfast.
2. DD interacting with princesses at CRT.
3. DD dancing with Prince Charming at 1900 PF dinner while she was wearing a Cinderella dress.

I never actually cried, but got misty-eyed. I've come closer to crying after watching the many hours of videos DH made while we were at WDW for a week.

princessgirls
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Always have a moment here at there around the world. Some memorable ones are:

Watching Wishes with my girls
Walking down Main Street during the first and last time of our trip.
The Hall of Presidents when The Voice of George W. Bush comes on and says "WE ARE AMERICA WE WILL NOT DIE"!!! From September 12th, 2001, got me very choked up.

I had one very powerful wave of emotion come over me in December of 2009. I had a horrible sick trip that March, and I was having trouble breathing. The whole trip was a struggle for me. I am a healthy person...who got pneumonia, and still kept on going. Not smart. Anyway...we did a mini-do over in December and I was just so grateful for my health and my family that when we got back to my "happy" place I just fell apart. Disney does that to people.
Julie:mickey:

Dragongirlx
08-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Wishes makes me cry every time and see as does the opening Ceremony in Magic Kingdom.

grumpyguy
08-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Cry ? Yeah-leaving.We always make MK the first park and then the last park.
I'll tell ya,that last walk away from the castle,down main street and out from beneath the arches is like (I imagine) walking death row.Once out front,underneath the monorail,I'll
turn and take one last look (tears now rolling)
and my wife will always say."Don't worry,we'll be back.":(

barnaby
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Being a guy, I don't cry ;) but if I did, it would have been the first time I took my family to the WDW in 2008. I would have teared up seeing their reaction to first seeing the Castle and while watching Wishes with them for the first time.

Nascfan
08-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Being a Disney loving guy, I do cry. In fact, much similar to grumpyguy, I take a last look back up Main Street when we leave for the last time on a trip and the tears are flowing. Wishes doesn't make me cry as much as gives me goosebumps, and that lump in the throat....every single time.

joonyer
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
For some strange reason, hearing Jiminy Cricket sing "When you Wish Upon a Star" during Wishes makes my eyes start to water every time.

darthmacho
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Honestly, nothing about WDW had actually brought tears to my eyes, but I can think about just about anything to do with WDW and get a swell of strong emotions.

I think the thing that got me closest to actual tears was finally getting to see my two DD's wearing their embroidered Mickey Mouse ears and gazing up Main Street at the Castle from the WDW RR platform. :cry:

minnie04
08-02-2011, 02:43 PM
First let me say to "brivers222" your story touched me and I teared up just reading it... I still have my mother, but I can only imagine the way it would feel to be there without her for the first time. I was thinking of my kids and how they would feel their first time without me there. We have been there so many times together and have built so many memories. It will be hard all the way around...To your wife cherishes those times together. Every time you walk through those gates your mother is there with you smiling.

As for me the one time I cried really didn’t have to do with the parks. it was the first time my brother and I spent time there with our kids. When he left a day earlier I cried, my daughter cried & my son cried ...my husband looked at us like we were crazy (my brother only lives 2 hours away and we see him all the time), but there was something about this trip together with our kids that I didn’t want it to end ...:(

Tigger's Mom
08-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Got back from my most recent visit almost 2 weeks ago, so these memories are pretty fresh. First, I always cry the first time I see the castle. I also cry the last time I see it. I've always made a point of standing in front of the train station and looking down Main Street. I make a wish that I (now we since I have a family) will be back (cue the tears). Parts of the American Adventure can make me misty too. Finally, when on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour this year, there were a couple things we were told (about Walt and Roy and the statues) that made me cry. I tend to be emotional and my family tends to be "there she goes again", so it's nice to have company.:mickey:

teambricker04
08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
For some strange reason, hearing Jiminy Cricket sing "When you Wish Upon a Star" during Wishes makes my eyes start to water every time.

Oh, me too. But it doesn't have to be at WDW... In fact, I am crying just reciting the lines in my head. :blush:

I cry at WDW... at a place most people think is ugly... the monuments at the entrance of EPCOT. My sister and I paid to put my Aunt's name on a tiny tile. She worked as a CM (she worked in an office right under Main Street!) and was in a fatal car accident on her way home from work on property. She is missed.

I also cry at the opening of MK.

dizneydeb22
08-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh, me too. But it doesn't have to be at WDW... In fact, I am crying just reciting the lines in my head. :blush:

I cry at WDW... at a place most people think is ugly... the monuments at the entrance of EPCOT. My sister and I paid to put my Aunt's name on a tiny tile. She worked as a CM (she worked in an office right under Main Street!) and was in a fatal car accident on her way home from work on property. She is missed.

I also cry at the opening of MK.

I am so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful thing you and your sister did!

disneymomma2010
08-02-2011, 05:17 PM
We always go to mk on our first day and we always seem to get there right during a show (at the castle). I always cry at that point, looking at my boys with such excitement and joy on their faces as they watch mickey and the others and the fireworks. :cloud9:

WDW&MK
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Lots of things at WDW make me tear up. The first time I see the Castle, the American Adventure movie, Hall of Presidents performance, Festival of the Lion King and any movie bits that show Walt Disney. Finally and most significantly, my DH always has me stop and turn to look at the castle at the end of our last full day at WDW (which is always at MK) and say goodbye to the castle for another year - I always cry. I love all of the good memories that we have at WDW and they always make me tear up.

Disneymom201
08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I cry throughout my entire vacation!!! When we enter Disney's property and ride under the large Walt Disney World sign. "Welcome Home" gets me every time (because CM's only tell me this of course....lol!!!). Entering MK, walking down Main Street, and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time that visit. Fantasmic from beginning to end. Watching Walt in the movie at One Man's Dream. I cry at MCO when we are stopping by the Disney Store to purchase some last minute memories and snap our traditional a picture of the sign 'See ya real soon!'

16 more days til Contemporary/Beach Club
2010 Surprise vacation to AKL for the kids
2009 WL
2008 GF
2005-2007 Off Property

Jodi
08-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Reading all of these posts is making me cry!

buzznwoodysmom
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Also, I don't know what it is about the end of Magic, Memories, and You show on the castle, but when Walt says, "To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME". I get a little teary eyed.

Yes, we saw this for the first time in March and that part really got me as well.

DisneyMom12
08-02-2011, 08:48 PM
A lot of things Disney makes me choke up. Wishes, Fantasmic, The Castle, Walking down Main Street knowing Walt was not able to see his vision complete are just a few. I leave in 18 days with a lot of family who either have never been there, or it's been so long it's like they have never been there. I hope they get it, and get just as emotional.

nfrustaci
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
My first glimpse down Main Street and the castle gets me every time!

:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
On my last trip down to WDW a couple weeks ago, something surprised me. Before Wishes, they did the thing where they flash photos from the day up on Cinderella Castle. Along with the day's photos and video, about 2/3 or the way along, they flashed older faded color and black & white photos from the early days. It was at that point that I started to cry. I fell back in time thinking of when my family would drive to California from Iowa to visit family. The best part of any of these trips was, obviously, going to Disneyland. All those feelings came flooding back as tears rolled down my face.

brivers222
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
First let me say to "brivers222" your story touched me and I teared up just reading it... I still have my mother, but I can only imagine the way it would feel to be there without her for the first time. I was thinking of my kids and how they would feel their first time without me there. We have been there so many times together and have built so many memories. It will be hard all the way around...To your wife cherishes those times together. Every time you walk through those gates your mother is there with you smiling.

aww thanks... i read her what you said and she started tearing up.... its the gift that keeps giving :) but thanks for the kind words it means a lot

Boom Baby
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I can't even watch the vacation planning DVD without crying!

Ksmith75
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM

That does it for me too. Actually almost everytime I hear that song, i get a little misty eyed. That is my absolute favorite song of all time...

The opening show at MK always gets me. And yes as i said above Wishes....i just love it, and i get teary eyed during the whole thing...

tiggerbuddy
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.. Last August my wife & I unexpectedly lost our 18 year old son....Disney was his FAVORITE place on Earth !!!

My fiancee had an unexpected breakdown upon first arriving at MK...

2 years ago she lost her mother to a massive heartattack way to early. She has been coping with that loss (rather amazingly i might add). She never expected or anticipated such an overwhelming emotion upon entering in MK... but the smells, the sounds, the sights, instantly brought back memories of their last trip together when she was a toddler. We had to sneak off in that little cubby hole of shops on the left midway down mainstreet to let her regain her composure...

it was an unexpected touching moment.

Gator
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Music tends to overwhelm me, so:

1) I've teared up at the end of Fantasmic! It get's loud and fun.

2) Twice at Illuminations finale. Nuf said.

3) Nearly everytime I hear Liberty Voices, I can't contain myself. Just something about those harmonies.

MrPeetrie
08-03-2011, 10:00 PM
and also... several unspoken scenes in UP! dang that movie!

I can't watch that movie without crying, either. Can't even listen to the (fantastic) soundtrack. Dang that movie is right, brivers222!!!!

Also, watching my DD's eyes "light up" in Disney. That's why we come.

Suz36
08-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I cry throughout my entire vacation!!!

Reading all of these posts is making me cry!

You two must be my long-lost sisters!:blush:

BraddyB
08-03-2011, 11:58 PM
The cost of the trip makes me cry, does that count ha ha ha ha :D

The thing that always gets me is the video on the Magical Express heading back to the airport.

EJS-Houston
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
The Hall of Presidents does it to me every time.

Also, the Electric Light Parade (I know it's called something else now, like Spectro-Magic, or something); it immediately takes me back to the moment I first saw the Electric Light Parade at age 12. I immediately get a lump in my throat as I vividly remember what that felt like.

MPoppins
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
- Rounding the corner in MK and seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time on a trip.
- During Wishes when the Blue Fairy talks about putting our hearts together and wishing...
- During the holidays - the opening notes of the Candlelight Processional Overture - those trumpets heralding the start of the show!
- "Snow" on Main Street during MVMCP and at the Studios during the Osborne Lights
- Standing near the train station, turning around one more time with my family to say goodbye to the MK and that "We'll be back." :sad:

Tinkerbella16
08-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I cry every single time I leave.. as if WDW is not going to be there next year lol. :mickey:

I cry during Wishes. :cry:

Gator
08-04-2011, 03:47 PM
The cost of the trip makes me cry, does that count ha ha ha ha :D

Too true. :D

The Hall of Presidents does it to me every time.

Is this a political joke? Cause if it is, it's funny :)

ransam
08-05-2011, 11:46 AM
i get a tear in my eye when.....

I land in orlando
i see the castle for the first time.
i go on small world.
go through splash mountain.
On spaceship earth
watching the American Experience
hearing the songs Imagination and It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.
seeing the castle for the last time.
when the plane takes off taking me home.

Pagan
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
~ During the American Adventure
~ At the end of Illuminations when the shower of white sparks is flowing as they sing "We go on"
~ Wishes
~ One Man's Dream
~ Driving out of the park on the last day and seeing the "See ya real soon!" sign.
~ Don't know why, but the end of Fantasmic when Mickey says "Some imagination, huh?"
~ Standing the the end of Main Street looking at the Castle

And the worst of all....

~ Calling to cancel this year's trip which was already booked because we just can't afford it this year due to the economy. First time in 16 years not going. :cry:

BAMABOY
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Before my wife and I were married we took her(now our) sons on their first trip, they were 4 and 5. The youngest rode TOT and swore he would never get on it again even though he laughed the entire time. Everyone wanted to ride again except him so I convinced him that we were getting on the Haunted Mansion and not TOT! :secret: Well, when the ride was over he was very mad to say the least. He always told me I was his "Best Buddy" and said, "I'm not your buddy anymore because you lied to me and buddies don't lie!" And you guessed it, I cried....I also bought him a giant Thumper and things were all better. P.S. TOT is his second favorite ride now behind Splash Mountain.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2011, 09:40 PM
:crying: Yes, but I cry before I even get there. The new Disney commercials that show the kids being surprised with trips to Disney make me cry every time I see them. I don't know what it is - I guess just seeing how excited the kids are makes me happy...

But when I'm there here are some of the things that make me cry:

Seeing Tink fly down from the castle during Wishes
I cry several times during Wishes
When I see the WDW signs at the entrances to Disney and then driving under them
Seeing the Main St. Electrical Parade last summer for the first time in a long time - it took me back to when I was little and saw it with relatives who have passed on
Walking under the railroad station and seeing the castle gets me every time
Watching One Man's Dream
The song "Share a Dream Come True" from one of the parades years ago
Up came out a few months after my grandmother passed away and all I could think of was how much my grandfather missed her - it had me in the "ugly cry" in the theatre- I love that movie but it still makes me cry. It will probably be one of my favorite movies because it will always remind me of my grandparents.
Toy Story 3 also made me cry - my girls were going to college...

tsantillo
08-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Ohhhh, yeah...:crying: Anytime I think of all the wonderful things Walt did in his lifetime, struggling to do what he was passionate about, developing new technology to make his movies better, creating a place of wonder and happiness for everyone to enjoy.....I get a little misty. Uh, oh, here comes the water works!

My mom felt it last November on our once-in-a-lifetime Mother/Daughter birthday trip for 5 days at the Poly. I was 40 and she was 65. She realized that she was the same age as Walt when he died and that was entirely too young for a man with such big dreams! Uh, oh, here I go again....:cry:

sixshot19
08-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Only when the bags are packed and we check our room for anything we missed. It sinks in that its time to go....:crying::crying:

Urbss
08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow, I agree with sooooo many of the things that others are saying on here.

But, the one thing that really stands out to me was from our last trip. I was sick all week, but didn't let it stop me from doing as much as possible. The day before leaving, our whole herd was leaving MK and heading to Epcot. I said I would take Disney transport back to POP and get some rest. But, I stuck around MK for a little while and just soaked in some of the things that I can't usually do with kids.

Anyway, I was able to witness the 5pm flag ceremony and it really touched me.

Great thread!!

Kairi_7378
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I cried when we went to the MK opening on our first full day during our March 07 vacation. That trip was our 5 year anniversary trip. We'd been through what seemed like a lot in those few years and for some reason, seeing Mickey on that train made me bawl!

I also cried during Illuminations once or twice. But thankfully that wasn't as noticeable!

Toy Story 2, 3, and Up make me cry. I have not been able to watch Dumbo since my miscarriage a few years ago. Trying to work through this because I want DS to see the movie before our trip and he sees the Dumbo ride.

RavsRuleDisney!
08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
me - not really. the DW? Hmm, let's see....

when we drive thru the main entrance
first glimpse of the castle from main street
wishes
leaving

probably some more inbetween.... ;)

MushuGrl
08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Like alot of you, I cry during Wishes, Fantasmic (it's that first glance at Mickey that does it for me), that first glimpse of the Castle, driving through the welcome sign...

And like alot of you, the things that make me cry the most is tied up with memories. My mom made one trip with us in 2005. In early 2007, she was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer. I'm happy to say she's doing well and is two years post-chemo (if you will, keep us in your prayers that that continues, as she has a six month scan and three month check-up coming up). But the fight and tons of chemo have weakened her and she just doesn't feel up to WDW. So, certain things make me think of her and tear up because I'm so thankful she's still with us and we got to share that one trip, mainly Philharmagic. She loves Donald and adored Philharmagic!

Also pertaining to Philharmagic, my boss lost his sister to the same disease a year and a half ago, and she adored Peter Pan (Tinkerbell was actually projected on the wall during her visitation, and the pallbearers were friends of her son and nephew which she referred to as "The Lost Boys.) So I get a bit teary during the Peter Pan scene and think of her.

(This is all during the first viewing. Viewings 2-7 I'm fine, lol.)

I get teary-eyed when the clouds part during "Soarin" - I'm terrified of heights, and my sister, during our only visit to Disneyland, begged and pleaded and bribed me with Mickey ice cream to ride it. I did, I loved it, and everytime I get on it I hear her in my head saying "SEE? I KNEW YOU'D LOVE IT!" Why that gets me teary-eyed, I don't know, because she's still here and we don't do Disney trips without each other.

Seeing the water parade makes me teary, as during my first trip we stayed at the Contemporary and I saw it every night.

(I will confess as well, though it doesn't make me cry, I've been in the newspaper profession for almost ten years, and every time they talk about the invention of the printing press in Spaceship Earth, I do the Judd Nelson fist pump.)

disneydeb
08-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes.
and when I see the friends I've met here on Intercot, because we've planned a meet :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
The end of the Hall of Presidents when they show the montage that includes the Challenger explosion and 9/11 makes me cry every time.

brad192
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm a pretty emotional guy (as all my friends can attest), so it doesn't take a lot for the tear ducts to open. Some guaranteed weepy moments for me:

Wishes (as soon as that darn little kid starts to sing)

Illuminations, especially with the Holiday tag.

Parts of the American Adventure (end montage especially)

The Voices of Liberty. I'm a singer myself & know how much dedication, hard work, and talent it takes to be THAT good.

Any little kid meeting a character & receiving a big hug. :cloud9:

When I get my "eviction notice" on my room door handle a day or so before my trip ends.

And, of course, I dissolve into a blubbering pile of goo on my last night at MK, staring down Main Street at the castle. (I've actually had people come up to me and ask if I was OK.) :blush:

Dang, I need to get back there! :mickey:

alliekat
08-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I cry at that last night at Mk walking down main street for the last time . I also cry from laughing so hard and having a good time .

ANG
08-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Wishes!

Every time I go it's for a different reason.

in 06 it was our honeymoon and my first trip to WDW

in 09 it was the first time for our 5 month old

last year, I was pregnant with our second

I just never thought I'd get the chance to experience and love Disney at those precious times in my life.

Tinksalot
08-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Wishes Fireworks always makes me cry. :fworks:

Silver_Surfer
08-16-2011, 10:31 AM
No tears but VERY VERY sad when leaving:crying:

tinkerbell1981
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
OMG!!! I am like a big sobbing baby from the time I board the plane to go there til the time I get home!!!!:mickey:

I took my daughter (2 1/2) last spring for the first time and everything she got super excited about I cried over. It's overwhelming for me and exciting.

Lovin'ThatMouse
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
I ALWAYS tear up during Wishes! :cry:Being there staring at Cinderella castle with the music swelling around me just reminds me of how magical this place can be. It is like no other place in the world. At that very moment there is nothing else in the world except for happiness, joy and hope! I just love it!:magic:

Also when I have to leave! That is not such a magical time!:fit:

Rhetoric2000
08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Looks like mine is relatively unique, though I'm surprised of it:

- The opening montage of Circle of Life where they use footage of the real natural world instead of cartoon imagery gets to me every single time.

- As does the first time I get close to the "Partners" statue each trip.

BrowncatP
08-27-2011, 11:21 AM
One Man's Dream-without him we wouldn't be there. Last night of the trip when leaving the MK.

kelly.garrett
08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Wishes tends to make me tear up, especially on the last night of a trip.

B.O.B
08-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I cry when I get my credit card bill the next month. But usually the tears stop when I see how many Disney Reward Dollars I've accumulated that I can use next time!

GottaLvDisney
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
I always tear up when we first walk down Main St. And see the castle. I've also caught myself on several other various occasions just watching the joy on my kids faces.

Disney Hungarian
08-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I never used to tear up at Disney. But, since I have been taking my mom. I can no longer watch Wishes or a parade with her without tearing up like a school girl. It is embarassing. Seeing the joy it brings her is so moving to me. I just can't help it. Someone once asked me what I wanted most in life. I said, "to run with joy like the people on extreme makeover do when they see their new house." I have never experienced that. I think it is so cool to see others experience it. Well, that is what the parades and Wishes does to my mom. It is the joy of the moment that I get caught up in. Call me a sissy or whatever you want to. I think seeing pure joy is the most touching and beautiful thing.

Gregandmel
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
What a GREAT thread! I got teary just reading all of these wonderful responses! We took our kids in 2008 for their "once in a lifetime trip" (because I thought it was an unspoken rule that everyone needed to experience Disney once!) I had NO idea the amount of joy I would get out of planning that trip - or the joy I received planning another one 4 months after we got back for the following year. I don't have anythign in particular that makes me tear up, I get teary at the most unexpected moments but it all has to do with the Love of Disney and the immense joy it brings me, my family, and seeing it with others. It's truly a magical place. I am thankful for Disney and it bringing out the best in people!

disneymom2000
08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=HackLaSalle;2194375seeing Figment for the first time after I haven't seen him since I was 6 years old... I continued crying once I got on the ride because it was so horrifically bad. :thedolls:[/QUOTE]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

mrmcgiv
08-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Beauty and the beast show, Festival of Lk sometimes

kemps@wdw
08-29-2011, 11:03 PM
more as I get older, mainly due to memories connected to my DD and things me and DH have done over the last 37 yrs of visiting the World.
The "brothers" song @ the American Adventure never fails to bring a tear, the music to the MSEP (that would be AWESOME @ DD's wedding), the 1st walk down Main St each trip remembering our 5 yr old DD's face on her 1st trip. The saddest thing is knowing we have to leave! :(