PDA

View Full Version : Disney Apps for iTouch/iPhone

disneycutie165
07-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I've just recently got my Itouch 4G working and i LOVE the Disney apps that are available! They are very convenient and we will definately be using these in the parks (we joke around and say that we need to buy a park hopper ticket for the "silver thing" :laughing:) I've downloaded the Park hours app, wait for rides app, Disney restaurant guide, and the Resort calculator. It amazes me that you can do so much on these small things- you can make reservations for Crystal Palace whenever and where ever you want! I love all of these apps- even during the day we will be sitting at home and wonder how long the wait for Haunted Mansion is- we can just go on the ride times and see for ourselves. Anyway, I know this is a random topic but I just had to share! Anyone else use some of these? Are there others you would recommend?

disneymom15
07-31-2011, 07:44 PM
I think we have the same apps that you have. Love them.

brownie
07-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Forwarding this one to the Disney Tech forum.

Sylvia
07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm also in the process of learning how to use my new iPhone4 - I've downloaded a number of free apps, until I figure out what I'm doing.

(To make it even crazier, I've had a new iPod Classic since Christmas, which I'm finally figuring out how to use. (I decided not to download music to my phone.))

Are you sticking with the free Disney apps, or have you downloaded any of the paid apps? Which ones do you recommend?

I need all the help I can get. :blush::blush:

disneycutie165
07-31-2011, 09:48 PM
The only app I've downloaded that actually cost me was the Disney Restaurant guide which was $1.99... but it was worth the two bucks because it lists all the parks, every restaurant in that park, the menu & cost of each food item. You can also keep reservation info in there and make res. as well! I recommend:
Park Hours App- Free- Very convenient-just type in Disney park hours
WDW Waits- Free- convenientfor in the park
Resort Calculator- 1.99- worth it. lists all the resorts. you pick the dates. and the room. and it calculates how much you room would cost
Disney Restaurants- 1.99- as i said before, this one is the best.

AS much as I hate spending money on apps, these are the only 2 I've spent money on but they have been worth it! hope this helps!

Sylvia
08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
AS much as I hate spending money on apps, these are the only 2 I've spent money on but they have been worth it! hope this helps!

I'll definitely download the Disney Restaurant Guide. I always have a tendency to go to the same places on every trip. It's time to try some new places.

Thanks for your help.

kakn7294
08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
In addition to what you have I have the transportation wizard, Mouse Memo, and Hidden Mickeys. The resort calculator app prices are often incorrect but it gives you a decent ballpark figure to go by. Mouse Memo is a great place to keep track of all of your confirmation numbers including DME and resort info.

disneymom15
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
In addition to what you have I have the transportation wizard, Mouse Memo, and Hidden Mickeys. The resort calculator app prices are often incorrect but it gives you a decent ballpark figure to go by. Mouse Memo is a great place to keep track of all of your confirmation numbers including DME and resort info.

I'm going to check these apps out. Thanks for the recommendations.

disneycutie165
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll definitely download the Disney Restaurant Guide. I always have a tendency to go to the same places on every trip. It's time to try some new places.

Thanks for your help.

Yah that is why I downloaded it becuase we have the same problem. It's very useful! And glad I could help :thumbsup:

ChipDale2708
08-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I also recently upgraded to an I-phone but haven't downloaded many apps. Where do you find all of the ones mentioned on here so far? Are they in the I-Tunes store? :confused:

kakn7294
08-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I also recently upgraded to an I-phone but haven't downloaded many apps. Where do you find all of the ones mentioned on here so far? Are they in the I-Tunes store? :confused:Yep! From your phone or in the iTunes store, type in the search "Disney" and hundreds of apps will pop up. You can read a description of the app and reviews from other users to help you decide if you want to purchase.

Patricia
08-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I like mouse memo for keeping track of all the trip notes.

I also like the park map apps. I use Upin, but they all have everything you need, right down to smoking areas.

The OLP WDW Transportation Wizard is great for getting you around.. if you want to switch up your usual monorail, ferry, bus route, try this app. It's only 1.99

The Hidden Mickey apps, trivia and Disney secrets apps give you some fun info to read on buses, planes and in the queues.

Also don't forget that Disney has there own mobile sites that have everything.. including the current wait times that are on the actual park boards. This way you are not relying on others to add that information. You can search dining while in the park and make reservations. You can find Characters (where and what time), shopping, transportation (although the WDW Transportation Wizard app is much better at getting you from point A-B and even C), extra magic hours, water parks, parade and fireworks schedule, guest services and limited resorts info.

You are online, so if your paying for roaming I don't recommend using it or any other apps that require roaming. Coming from Canada, I don't use any apps that require any online use but, I plan to get around that next time by bringing my old iPhone and signing up with a US server.

These are the mobile site addresses:
m.disneyworld.com
m.disneyland.com

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Ride Hopper is a great app I just got this past weekend on my iPhone. I live in the north east near a number of amusement parks and it includes all of them. It also has WDW, Universal, etc.

We used it at Six Flags Great Adventure this past weekend and it was a huge help with lines.

We are going to test it out in WDW on our trip in a few weeks. We only got the free version.

princessgirls
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I downloaded WDW Waits, WDW Dining, and Park Hours.

MY girls love looking at WDW waits. They keep telling me what the times are for my favorite rides, and I have this need to jump up and run for a fast pass, even though we are still HOME!!!

Good App's. I'll see how I really like them when we go in two weeks!
Julie:mickey:

magicofdisney
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
WDW Dining is my favorite app. I must have the paid version because it's updated frequently. It gets better with each update. Just recently I saw they've updated it so you can type in a food item and it will tell you where on property to find it. Genius! :mickey: