PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs or POFQ

RedSoxFan
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Out of these two resorts, which would you stay at and why? Pros and Cons of each? For Coronado, I would stay at one of the preferred rooms. Thanks!!

texas211
07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I have never stayed, only walked through CS. But love POR. Cons, i can't afford to live there.

tinksmom02
07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
We've stayed at each resort twice, and after last December's visit I swore I'd never return to CSR. It is a beautiful resort by all accounts, but everything is really spread out. I know it's got its fans, but we're not.

POFQ, on the other hand, I just LOVE. I love the compactness of it, and how, no matter what building you're in, you're never more than three minutes away from anything. I love the boats to DTD, I love the beignets, I love that you're only a short walk or boat ride away from seeing Bob Jackson at POR, I love that POFQ & POR are sister resorts so you can share all the amenities (pool included), I love falling asleep and hearing the horse-drawn carriages outside my room...

grumpyguy
07-31-2011, 07:37 PM
We're big CSR fans.Only because the one time we stayed there was full of Disney magic and we were treated to some of the little things you may often hear or read about happening to other WDW guests and never to you..
We had a great room,fun with cast members
and loved the atmoshere.We're thinking FQ for 2012 as we stayed at Riverside last year.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-31-2011, 10:01 PM
We prefer POFQ due to the smaller size. We spend most of our time at the parks so the short walk to and from the bus stop is much appreciated after a long day walking. Also the pool, hot tub, arcade, food court and general store are only a few steps away. Also a big plus is the river boat to DTD. One negative is the lack of a TS restaurant (but we rarely eat at the resort so not an issue for us). POFQ also now has Queen size beds (like CSR).

We stated at CSR earlier this year for a change (and got a discount which was not available at POFQ). We paid a little extra for a room closer to the center building (but still a longer walk than we had a POFQ). Also the pool and hot tub were much farther away. Pluses at CSR were the TS restaurant availability, workout facility, the bigger general store, bigger pool & hot tub area, and great CS restaurant (note that some at INTERCOT love Pepper Market Food Court and some hate it, we thought it was great).

Overall, both were great but we preferred POFQ due to the smaller size.

disneymomma2010
07-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I have stayed at pofq and I will be staying at csr for the first time this october. I have no pros and cons for you but I see that you have already stayed at pofq so if I were you I would stay at csr for the new experience. You will never know if you like it or not till you try it. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-01-2011, 07:37 AM
CSR Pros: Sit-down dining, amazing pool, beautiful theming.

CSR Cons: Potentially large convention groups.

POFQ Pros: Proximity to POR, boat to DD, pool is nicely themed, compact.

POFQ: No sit-down restaurant, POR quick serve was better.

Bottom Line: Both Resorts are pretty nice. Hard to make a bad decision. Go with which theming you might like best. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I would like to stay at CSR because I've never been. It would make the trip different; but it's been years since I've stayed at POFQ which I loved at the time. My only concern with CSR is the walk to the food court and that is why I would pay for the preferred rooms. But it's hard to tell on the maps if it's still a long walk or comparable to POFQ. DH didn't like the long walk to get coffee every morning at CBR and that is his concern with CSR. And DH is also concerned that because it's such a huge resort that the busses will be crowded as they were with CBR. I would love to stay at WL again; but because there are 6 of us going this time; I need 2 rooms and cannot justify deluxe prices to sleep. TS at the resort makes no difference to me as we won't be eating at the resort.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I would like to stay at CSR because I've never been. It would make the trip different; but it's been years since I've stayed at POFQ which I loved at the time. My only concern with CSR is the walk to the food court and that is why I would pay for the preferred rooms. But it's hard to tell on the maps if it's still a long walk or comparable to POFQ. DH didn't like the long walk to get coffee every morning at CBR and that is his concern with CSR. And DH is also concerned that because it's such a huge resort that the busses will be crowded as they were with CBR. I would love to stay at WL again; but because there are 6 of us going this time; I need 2 rooms and cannot justify deluxe prices to sleep. TS at the resort makes no difference to me as we won't be eating at the resort.

If walking distance is a concern I would definately select POFQ!

Mousemates
08-01-2011, 01:16 PM

From this it sounds like the essence of the decision ultimately boils down to the difference between your desire to try something new and your husbands disdain towards a long walk in the morning. I think you already found your answer with the preferred rooms at CSR. We actually much prefer POFQ, but if I were in your shoes I would go ahead and give CSR a try. But in the end neither would be a bad choice.