PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Q's

darthmacho
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
The T-Rex restaurant is on our want list for our 2012 trip, so I have a few questions about it. Of course I've researched, but I don't believe anything I read anywhere about WDW until I've read it here. :D

1. Is T-Rex on the dining plan? From what I've read, the answer would be "no", but I wanted to confirm here.

2. Can you make an ADR for T-Rex the same way as any WDW restaurant, at 180+10?

3. If you've been there, or are planning to, what do you find special about T-Rex?

:mickey: Thanks in advance for your answers.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2011, 02:00 PM
No, T-Rex is not a part of the dining plan. You can charge it to your room though.

For the best availability, I would call T-Rex directly. For us, there was no free times showing on the Disney site, but when we called, there were tons of openings.

darthmacho
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info. So no ADRs then? I'll have to keep that in mind. It would work out great though to holdover the Dining Plan points we'd have used there to use for something like Jiko, or perhaps another great Epcot restaurant! Sounds like I've got more planning to do! ;)

Strmchsr
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the info. So no ADRs then? I'll have to keep that in mind.

The don't do ADRs like other places at Disney. They call it "priority seating." So, you'll get a time to be there and will be called when there is a table available ahead of a walk-up, but there's not a set time you'll be seated.

darthmacho
07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
The don't do ADRs like other places at Disney. They call it "priority seating." So, you'll get a time to be there and will be called when there is a table available ahead of a walk-up, but there's not a set time you'll be seated.

Thank you for the info. So it's just like Rainforest Cafe? Which leads me to one more question, that might be better answered by a phone call, but I'll ask here just in case someone may know: Since they are owned by the same company, does Rainforest Cafe Club card provide the same privileges like priority seating and 10% gift shop discount? Actually, do they even have a gift shop, lol?

Thanks again for the help. I really rely on these boards for the most accurate information on WDW. :mickey:

disneymom15
07-31-2011, 05:00 PM
You can get a 10% discount if you have an AP at T-Rex. Not sure about the Rainforest club card.

KatrinaJ91
07-31-2011, 05:04 PM
We have eaten there several times and have never needed a reservation. I think our longest wait time was about 20 min. It's exactly like Rainforest Cafe...just dinosaurs instead of jungle animals! There is a great gift shop, complete with a Build-A-Dino section. I am not sure about the card, but gift cards will work in either place. Hope this helps a little! :blush:

Dsnygirl
07-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you for the info. So it's just like Rainforest Cafe? Which leads me to one more question, that might be better answered by a phone call, but I'll ask here just in case someone may know: Since they are owned by the same company, does Rainforest Cafe Club card provide the same privileges like priority seating and 10% gift shop discount? Actually, do they even have a gift shop, lol?

Thanks again for the help. I really rely on these boards for the most accurate information on WDW. :mickey:

From the RFC website, yes - the RFC Club Card will give you 10% off at the T-Rex gift shop, but not on the "Build-a-Dino" part. It doesn't mention priority seating for anything other than RFC guests, but I'm guessing when you call to make your ressie they can clarify that.

We ate there 2 years ago at DTD and really enjoyed it... the food portions are HUGE (which is good, as they're also a bit pricey...) and we just called about a month out and made a reservation quite easily. (Our trip was the end of October)

So, I think you've got plenty of time as far as ADR's go... and I think you'll really enjoy yourself there!