PDA

View Full Version : Can you see Illuminations from inside Teppan Edo

MinnieMommie
07-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a reservation at Teppan Edo at 8:40 pm on a night in December when Illuminations is scheduled for 9:30 pm. Does anyone know if we will be able to see Illuminations from inside Teppan Edo or how we might be able to catch a part of Illuminations given the time of our reservation? The only earlier time available was at 4:45. Please offer any suggestions. Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
07-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Not from Teppan Edo which is at the back with no lagoon view. You can see it from Tokyo Dining which is at the front and has table seating looking at the lagoon. Great view there.

Melanie
07-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Teppan Edo is at the back of the building and there are no windows to view Illuminations. In other words, you will not see it at all. Tokyo Dining is at the front of the building and does have windows with a view to World Showcase, but I've always been led to believe the trees out front don't afford a great view.

If you really want to see Illuminations, I'd suggest taking the earlier ADR and watching from one of the many viewing areas around the World Showcase.

buzznwoodysmom
07-30-2011, 08:36 PM
If your reservation is early enough you can get a great view of Illuminations when exiting the building. In March our meal ended just as Illuminations was starting. As we were walking towards/down the stairs on the outside of the building we had an almost perfect view. There were hardly any people around us either.

MinnieMommie
07-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Sounds like perfect timing Denise! I think the 8:40 reservation I have will not give us enough time to be done by 9:30 and I have too much going on that day to get back to Epcot in enough time for the 4:45 opening. I wish I could make it work out as it did for you but I am not going to plan for it working out that way.

Am hoping to get the 6:45 Candlelight Processional, dinner at Teppan Edo and then Illuminations, I'm going to call to see if I can get a better time for dinner another night. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah, an 8:40 ADR will not cut it. We really did luck out with timing. We were seated a bit late and had a large party with lots of kids, plus a birthday to celebrate so the meal took a very long time. We hadn't kept track of time and honestly I thought we had missed Illuminations all together. It was a very pleasant surprise to walk out just in time, and with a wonderful spot to view it from. I wish you lots of luck in finding a way to see it.