PDA

View Full Version : Rope drop- where are the ropes?

wedway fan
07-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Have never been an early morning tourer, but vow to beat the crowds this August by making it to at least one or two rope drops. The one and only time I've made a rope drop was many years ago at Epcot, when the rope was inside the park near the Electric Umbrella (allowing guests to be thru the turnstiles and getting breakfast before actual park opening).

Can anyone tell me where the usual places for rope drop are in each of the parks? Is it consistent, or does Disney leave it up to the CM's depending on crowds?

Thanks!

darthmacho
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Not too sure about the other parks, but I distinctly recall being at AK last year and the rope drop being at the entrance to the Oasis, just beyond the turnstyles, but before the fork in the road. It's a wide path and there is plenty of room for a crowd. Just before the drop, Mickey and friends arrive and do a cute opening ceremony. When I was there, one of the CMs dropped the rope and nearly got trampled when she tried to retrieve it. I believe everyone survived unscathed however. Good luck! :mickey:

texas211
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM
At studios, just past the end of the row of stores. You can cut through the shops to make your way to the front.

syndrome
07-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Just returned today from the World and did the "rope drop" at all 4 parks. Epcot's is still located just in front of the fountain next to the Electric Umbrella.

Melanie
07-31-2011, 08:46 AM
And at Magic Kingdom you are held just beyond the turnstiles at the base of the train station.

wedway fan
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks to all of you! Four parks, four replies- that's efficient!

crltkcagle
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks to all of you! Four parks, four replies- that's efficient!
and cute! LOL