PDA

View Full Version : Fl Annual Pass Q

kbean
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
It's been a long time since I've bought a pass. And I'll be buying one in August.

I was wondering if they still use a photo on the pass, or is it a finger print? I remember having to get there early to get in line to get my picture taken, then wait for the pass to be made.

And does the pass start date of purchase or date of first use?

Thanks

faline
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Since I'm guessing you have a resident annual pass, I don't know if that's different. We've had several annual passes at Disney World and none of them included our picture.

Unless you're renewing an existing pass, the start date for your pass is the day you redeem the voucher for the actual pass. If you're renewing an existing pass, the effective date is the end date of the preceding pass.

Daisy'sMom
07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't remember having your pic taken for the AP. The older I get, the more I forget. I do remember having your photo on the AP for Universal. :mickey:

Melanie
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't remember having your pic taken for the AP. The older I get, the more I forget. I do remember having your photo on the AP for Universal. :mickey:

Neither Universal or WDW have photos currently on their Florida Annual Passes.

DizneyRox
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Unless you're renewing an existing pass, the start date for your pass is the day you redeem the voucher for the actual pass. If you're renewing an existing pass, the effective date is the end date of the preceding pass.
Remember redeem date does not necessarily mean you enter a park, although it can. AP dates are assigned at Guest Relations, they don't have much to do with the turnstyles.

07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
No picture and never a "fingerprint".

mac badger
07-29-2011, 12:35 PM
no picture. you have to show your florida id when you buy it or redeem it. its just a heavy paper ticket like any non keys to the world tkt.

Imagineer1981
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
no picture. you have to show your florida id when you buy it or redeem it. its just a heavy paper ticket like any non keys to the world tkt.

you'd think something like an annual pass would be plastic like the Keys to the World cards. Something durable

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Back 12 or 13 years ago both Disney and Universal both used the heavy duty laminated plastic cards for the annual passes and took your picture and put it on them, I still have some old ones from when I was a kid. Now they just use the normal park ticket style passes and you have to do a finger scan everytime you enter the park, the first time you use your annual pass the machine will scan your index and middle finger or on some machines just your index finger, and it links your pass to you personally so that no one else may use your pass. If the finger scan ever fails for some reason you will then be asked to show a photo ID to verify the annual pass is indeed yours. :mickey: