PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Question

WishingStar2006
07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Is the bus stop renovation at Wilderness Lodge complete?

Thanks!

KylesMom
07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes, renovations are complete - no sign of construction when we were there last week.

CajunDisneyDad
07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Yup..oh sorry Kylesmom, you stole my thunder :P:number1:

buzznwoodysmom
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
This makes me so happy! We were at WL in March and didn't know there was bus renovation going on till we drove up to check in. We will be back at WL in December and I'll be so happy to have the bus stop back!

wdwaggie
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
We are staying at the WL for the first time in Sept this year, I've heard that the buses are extremely slow and that they are shared with the other resorts on the monorail loop? What has been ya'lls experience? Thanks for the posts!:thumbsup:

KylesMom
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
We rent a car so I unfortunately can't comment on the bus service. However, the boat service to & from the Lodge to MK was always reliable. There was only once that we were kept waiting for more than ten minutes.

buzznwoodysmom
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
We are staying at the WL for the first time in Sept this year, I've heard that the buses are extremely slow and that they are shared with the other resorts on the monorail loop? What has been ya'lls experience? Thanks for the posts!:thumbsup:

We've stayed at WL several times now and have never had problems with the bus transportation. We've stayed at other resorts where we thought the buses were far slower. Most resorts will share a bus with another resort at one time or another. BC/YC/BW/Swan and Dolphin all share, the All Star resorts share, the two AKL resorts share. The moderate resorts that don't share have multiple stops at each resort. I personally don't think any resort has better or worse transportation than the next. We've had the worse buses at AKL, but I've heard others say they've never had issues there. Same with WL, I've heard complaints about the buses at WL, but we've had nothing but great bus service there. We have, on occasion, shared with Fort Wilderness and Grand Floridian.

kakn7294
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM

We stayed at WL a couple of summers ago and some of the bus service is shared. At the time, AK was shared with Grand Floridian - it wasn't bad and didn't really add much time to the trip. However, there was one that was shared with Fort Wilderness (I can't remember which park) and it always seemed to be slow. The stop at Fort Wilderness took forever sometimes, mostly due to a backup of buses at their main stop.

WishingStar2006
07-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info...that's a relief...I was there in March and did not like waiting out in the parking lot...don't know why...but it really detracted from the trip....creature of habit I guess.

The good thing about WL bus transportation is even though they share with GF and FW (one at a time, not both), WL is always the first stop so you always get a seat when going somewhere and you're always dropped off first when coming back at night!!!!!