PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii spa recommendations

ryca1dreams
07-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi, my wife would like to go to Hawaii for a getaway - primarily for health reasons. We are looking for a place with a good spa, preferably one that is not in/around Honolulu. Can anyone make a few recommendations that are good and not crazy expensive. Thanks.

Mfarquar
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
While I was not successful in finding ANY reasonably priced spas within hotels during my 18 days in Hawaii, I was able to find the best one I've ever been to.

The Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island was FANTASTIC. Their lomi lomi massage was the best massage I've ever had in my life (and I've had quite a few). To make it even better, it was in a private hut beside the ocean.

They also have a great sea turtle sanctuary on the property that protects these endangered animals. They also have a nice little bay for snorkeling where you can REALLY see the turtles close up, so that was a bonus!

We were able to find a really great deal through an upscale vacation sale site. It wasn't cheap, but was a lot more reasonable and we felt it was a great value. PM me if you want the names of these sites, and I'll be happy to provide the names/links.

Something else to keep an eye out for is to sign up for Groupon and choose Hawaii as your main city of choice. You'll get weekly offers for the islands (about 40 - 60% off), and they frequently include spas that are not part of hotels.

BelleBeauty
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
The Grand Wailea is wonderful. The resort is fantastic but the spa is out of this world. They have all of the standard services, but when you book an appointment you can come up to an hour before to enjoy the baths. They have a custom series with 5 different Hawaiian Island salt blends, they have waterfall stalls, they have a Japanese bubbling pool, a hot jacuzzi-like pool, plus a terrace that looks directly out to the ocean. One of the best spas that I have ever seen, especially compared to the cost of the services. The hotel is absolutely wonderful as well and you can find some deals on rates depending when you go.