PDA

View Full Version : The Reinventing of Downtown Disney

Disney Ambassador
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Unless there’s a budget issue or a contract limitation brought on by the purchase of Marvel. It seems that Marvel would be a good fit for the reinventing of Downtown Disney. Part of DD might even be able to support a mini park with Marvel themed attractions indoors and out. Replacing Disney Qwest with a Marvel theme comes to mind. Pleasure Island had an additional fee for entrance; the same could be done for a Marvel area. Thoughts anyone?:mickey:

DisneyOtaku
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I think there may be contract limitations, because to the best of my knowledge, Universal still has their Marvel attractions. There might be an experation date on how much longer they have that right, however.

I am all for adding a Marvel store in DTD, but please please PLEASE, let's add some of the awesome Marvel girls in there! I had the hardest time last time I was in Disney finding stuff for Marvel's female fanbase.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
There is lots of opportunity for DTD, they could do many very cool things ... and Marvel is one of them, but I'm not sure how it would fit with people's thoughts of traditional "disney"?

Mfarquar
07-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Rumor has it they'll try Marvel characters out at Disneyland/California Adventure - Tomorrowland or Innoventions (would be an Ironman/Tony Stark theme). Disney teased this and then removed it from various media outlets. I think they're playing with ideas, but I haven't heard about any DTD tie-ins.

Unfortunately, it seems like Disney's DTD/old Pleasure Island plans are mainly retail driven.

Hopefully, they'll get a bit more creative and implement ideas like the one you suggest!

dizneydeb22
07-29-2011, 09:49 AM
I think this would be a great addition! This would be another draw for boys other than the pirate theme. I'm all for it...