PDA

View Full Version : Great Meals of Note

Fastpasssteve
07-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I just returned and wanted to report on some great meals we experienced:

'Ohana - We had a great meal there last week. The chicken was juicy and NOT overcooked, which is easy to do considering they are cooking several meats simultaneously. The five-spice rub on the pork is delicious. Wow! the beef was cooked perfectly. I wanted some that was a little more rare...and he brought some immediately! My friends and I ate at least two whole skewers of the shrimp! We are also lovers of the pot stickers and the bread pudding!

Restaurant Marrakesh - We stopped in for lunch and had the Taste of Morocco. It was amazingly tasty and a great value for your money. As a meat lover, I am always impressed when two different meats that require different preparations are served well simultaneously. The chicken was perfectly cooked, yet the lamb shank had been cooked so that it practically fell off the bone! Squeeze of lemon on top! Delicious!

Biergarten - Once again, a great meal. The wursts are tasty, fresh spaetzle, and roast pork. The desserts are just lovely (I could drink the vanilla sauce by the glassful!). My favorite things are the giant beers and the crispy pork skin. Now, I know what you're thinking: "That is not healthy!" Clearly, not healthy, but you're on vacation. At the carving station, ask for some of the crispy pork skin. Bacon WISHES it was as good as this pig skin!

Olivia's - We stayed at Old Key West this last trip and stopped in at Olivia's for breakfast. We found a couple of dishes that were really good, but eated best with a friend. We loved the eggs benedict served with key lime hollandaise sauce, but found it too rich to eat alone, so bring a friend. We also loved the banana bread french toast served with rum/butter sauce. But, again, too rich to eat a whole plate alone...so bring the same friend! A taste treat was the fruit plate served with fresh coconut! Yum.

California Grill - Once again, a fabulous meal. I cannot adequately express my love for the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with goat cheese polenta. Our meals was delicious and perfectly timed to dovetail with our viewing of Wishes from the deck. Elegant service with great food! Deeply satisfying.

Columbia Harbour House - I am not a great fan of counter service locations, but had a couple of chances to enjoy Columbia Harbour House located between Fantasyland and Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. Fresh food served hot! We had the shrimp, as well as the Lighthouse Sandwich (Hummus with tomato-broccoli slaw) and the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich (White tuna with lettuce and tomato), both served on delicious and healthy multigrain bread! Who knew?!

I hope you are able to try these dining spots. I saw so many people shelling out a lot of money for lesser foods (pretzels, popcorn, soft drinks, chips) thinking they were saving money. For very little more money, they can get much better food and value for their dining dollar. Remember the old saying: Penny wise, pound foolish.

Best wishes,
Steve :thumbsup:

iceicebritney
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
:thanks: so much for posting those positive reviews! I'm glad to hear a recent and good review of some of my favorites. I've been reading some negative posts lately about O'hana and I'm hoping those posters just hit it on a bad day. Same with Columbia harbor house, Which is my favorite quick service. I'm so happy to hear they still offer the hummus entree! Thanks again :Mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Sounds great but now I am hungry:)

SBETigg
07-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Great reviews and recommendations. I'm glad your meals were worthy of note. :) I do love the sandwiches at Columbia Harbour House. Good choice.

CajunDisneyDad
07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reviews. My wife and I have a tradition, our first meal is always at Harbor house, I love their fish. We also always do Ohana's! A fellow poster got me hooked on the Peanut sauce lol :)

Tinkerbella16
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the great reviews!! I have only been to O'hana and Columbia Harbour House on your list.. but its great to see my favorite quick service is still running great- I LOVE the Anchors A' weigh Sandwich yummm!! And O'hana is my favorite for both breakfast and dinner.. so much awesome food!! :mickey:

I really want to try Cali Grill in the future and Marrakesh also!

January-2007
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Thank you for sharing!