PDA

View Full Version : Tequila bar in Mexican pavillion

lawgirl
07-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Any thoughts? It looked like a pretty cool place to take a break. Do they offer specialty drinks and tequila? Do they have tequila flights?

Thanks!

snowflakegirl
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
We got our drinks to go when we stopped by there last August because it was crowded. They do have flights of tequila available (or did then), and we both had **very** tasty margaritas.

SBETigg
07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
They have tequila flights, many to choose from. They have excellent margaritas, and lots to sample there too. Avocado margaritas and jalapeno margaritas, along with the more expected varieties. I love it there.

Melanie
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
I so want to go hang out and have a few drinks, because you are right...it looks very cool in there. BUT, I'm intimidated by how small and crowded it always is. Maybe one day I'll catch it with a table open. :unsure:

iceicebritney
07-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Does anyone have any tips on beating the crowds in here? My husband and I really want to check this out in sept but he also has a thing for large crowds in small spaces. Has anyone gone a certain day or time and it been less crowded? I have seen a few photos online where it was reasonably busy but then others where there is no chance at service.

BugeyedMuggy
07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
We went in early July on a weekday around 1pm and there were open tables and only one other couple at the bar. When we were there last October there was a line waiting to get in. I think the earlier in the day you can go the better.

SBETigg
07-26-2011, 11:25 AM
The tables have always been occupied when I've been, but there has always been room at the bar. I prefer standing at the bar. We're never there for a terribly long time and the bartenders are chatty and full of good information. I'm not a fan of crowds myself but if there's room to stand at the bar, it's worth a stop in. We've been early and we've been late. Might be less crowded during Illuminations? Also probably less crowded not around popular meal times for San Angel Inn.

Tygger7
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have any tips on beating the crowds in here? My husband and I really want to check this out in sept but he also has a thing for large crowds in small spaces.

I can tell you that after a could of tequilla flights, NOTHING will bother you. :marg:

Fastpasssteve
07-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I was there this last week and found the place almost empty. It was around 11:30 am, so if you're looking for a drink before lunch, hit it!

They offer a wide selection of creative, tasty margaritas. My favorite is the cucumber margarita! Refreshing!

As with many things in life, it's all in the timing! :marg:

mdricks
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
It is a true bar. No kids, younger "party" crowd. Lots of great tequilla. Lots!

It is a great place to get out of the heat and if you like tequilla get your drink on.

Be careful! I have had some serious bar bills as a result of some top shelf hooch.

If you want a quiet tasting experience get there before 1pm.

:number1:

DVC2004
07-27-2011, 12:07 PM
It's small but we have stopped here 2 trips now and shared a tequila flight. It's a nice atmosphere. They also have specialty drinks and appetizers. Definitely go.

dpamac
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
John and I stopped in there last October and had a blast. I'd recommend waiting if you had the time. Plus, I have to recommend eating a snack there. Pretty darn good food.

mgmnut
07-27-2011, 05:34 PM
We were there last Monday probably between 2 and 3pm. I walked right in, open tables and grabbed a margarita to go with only 1 other person at the bar.