PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or sanaa?

disneymomma2010
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I had reservation for ohana for our first night for 8:05 and wanted to catch wishes. We have never ate dinner there but breakfast twice. I was really excited about it because of all the rave reviews. Now some of our family are going with us and we had to move our trip up two days. The only ressie available that night is for 9:35, or sanaa at 8:00, which I also wanted to try, but could probably book later in the trip.

My concern is that we will be getting up at 5 am and driving for 10 hours. We will probably arrive and 3:00 or 4:00. Im afraid that by 9:35 we will be starving and way too tired to eat so late, and exhausted by the time we make it back to our room. Is ohanas worth it? I would really hate to miss out in it. Or should I go with Sanaa?

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

gardenia
07-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Sanaa. I wouldn't try O'hana at the end of a long day.

KAT1811
07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
'Ohana. We love it there and the whole experience is totally different and well worth it IMHO. How about having a snack when you arrive and then head over to 'Ohana a little early hoping for some no show reservations so you can hopefully be seated a little earlier than 9:35.

Keep trying, If you didn't cancel your initial 'Ohana reservation I would keep your ADR and try to get the other family members their own in the vacinity of your ADR (as well as hoping to get one all together a little earlier). Then when you arrive explain to the cast member at the podium that your parties are traveling together and that you would like to be seated together if possible. 'Ohana is fairly large and has a lot of available seating so hopefully things would work out for you.

Good luck! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
'Ohana is certainly an experience, and I know it's hard to pass up. But we had 9:30 reservations and were not seated until nearly 10. At the end of a long day, you're in for a long night. The good news is that Sanaa is absolutely wonderful. It's relaxing, lovely, really good food, and you can watch the animals while you eat. It's now one of our favorites, even over 'Ohana. So I would make the switch without hesitation.

lynnek
07-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Sanaa. We did this on our first night after a long day of travel, 8:00 reservations I think. It was a nice relaxing meal, great food. Afterwards, walked outside to see the animals, there was a bonfire going, made for a neat atmosphere.

A Big Kid
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
My thoughts are the later your ADR at Ohana, the longer you will wait past your scheduled time.

disneymomma2010
07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I found a reservation for our last night for all of us at the ohana for 9:35 and booked it! It's still later than I want but maybe it wont be that bad since its our last night, and hopefully they might let us in earlier. Also I have sanaa for our first night. Can you still see the animals after dark? Ressie is for 8:00pm in october.

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
07-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Both of these places are among our absolute favorites at Disney. You can't go wrong with either. Unfortunately, once it gets dark at AKL, you won't be able to see animals from the restaurant.

SBETigg
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Both of these places are among our absolute favorites at Disney. You can't go wrong with either. Unfortunately, once it gets dark at AKL, you won't be able to see animals from the restaurant.

Yes, I wasn't thinking of the time, sorry. But Sanaa is still a good choice and maybe make a little extra time to explore the resort. Glad you got an 'Ohana reservation, too. Enjoy!