PDA

View Full Version : Diamod Parking?

snowblack
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Do you still get diamond parking when you stay on property, and a member of AAA?

iceicebritney
07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
My Aunt purchased her vacation package last Christmas through AAA and was given a special parking voucher for all of the parks. I'm not sure if that was the "diamond" card you are referring to but I thought maybe that could help?

DizneyRox
07-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Seems it depends on your AAA store. Some have gotten them with ticket purchases at AAA, some have to book their whole trip.

Either way, you will need a Diamond Parking Pass to enter. The lots are fairly limited and honestly, I haven't found them any more convenient than getting my own spot. I don't park anymore, but when I did it was always possible to get decent parking without that pas.

brivers222
07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
typically its when you book your entire vacation through AAA that they give you that.

But I have found since my first booking in 04, I just purchase one on ebay for $5 and it works just fine :)

and as stated above, i rarely used it last trip becuase the parking was not an issue... in fact at the TTC using it makes you actually have to walk more because its up near the handicap section and in certain spots its in front of the last tram pickup so you would have to walk back into parking lot to catch the tram.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-30-2011, 09:03 PM
My sis got the Black Diamond parking pass just from buying her passes through them. However, at the Magic Kingdom it was very inconvenient! The tram doesn't pick you up, you have to walk to the lot and it's not very close. You're better off in regular parking at least at that park.

Altair
07-30-2011, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=PAYROLL PRINCESS;2193457 However, at the Magic Kingdom it was very inconvenient! The tram doesn't pick you up, you have to walk to the lot and it's not very close. You're better off in regular parking at least at that park.[/QUOTE]

It's right next to the Handicapped lot. If people with handicaps can make it, able-bodied folks can do it. The benefit is you don't have to deal with the trams.

brivers222
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
It's right next to the Handicapped lot. If people with handicaps can make it, able-bodied folks can do it. The benefit is you don't have to deal with the trams.

I think the problem that was being described as with my not liking of the AAA pass at the TTC was that even though the walk is doable for able bodied (and handicapped people) the length of time it takes is well longer than that of a brisk tram ride to the front.

Last october we timed it... it was actually 10 mins faster parking near the back of the lot and taking the tram than it was walking from the AAA diamond parking lots there.

azcavalier
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, we used it last time. We booked through AAA (Not MJ) just to get the pass, as my MIL needed a rental scooter. We figured it would be more convenient. It really wasn't. I mean, it's not a bad parking area by any stretch. Just not that much of a value. We decided that it wasn't worth it, and will continue to book through Magical Journeys.