PDA

View Full Version : resort hopping(sort of)

Epc0tphr34k
07-25-2011, 07:28 AM
wasn't sure whether to put this here or the vacation planning section but we will go with accommodations. My next trip to the world is going to be the first weekend in October and its a 3 night stay. problem being with DVC we got 3 different hotels because it was what was available. we are calling back daily and are on a waiting list. My question is how does this work? Does Disney move the luggage at all if you bring it down to the desk or are we pretty well living out of the trunk of the rental car? and do we have to get a new key at each resort? i seem to recall my friends family switching hotels back in the day(early 90s) and i think i recall them saying Disney took care of everything

BigRedDad
07-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Disney moves your luggage for you if you choose. However, it is not an expeditious process. We went from WL to POP for 1 night. We got our luggage after 8PM. They "lost" all of the luggage (8 people). It was not lost. They just chose to screw around with it.

I would take the luggage with you.

DizneyRox
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
If you have a car, I'd move it myself. Other than the money you'll save on bell services, you'll have your luggage with you.

Hopefully you're trying hard to get in one place. Three resorts in three days doesn't sound like fun to me. Remember check-out is by 11am and check-in is at like 4pm (and in recent years they have been holding to the 4pm check-in time for me at least).

Getting in your room ans staying there will save you a ton of time.

texas211
07-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I've used bell services several times, and its always worked well. Even when checking out, changing resorts, changing rooms. They went to the room each time, go the luggage, and moved it without issue.