PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Experience -- fixed?

jsw123
07-24-2011, 09:39 PM
OK. We just returned from WDW. We saw The American Idol Experince at HS and loved it twice. But twice, including the results show on different days, there was a special recording made pre-show of "fans" of one contestant that was totally composed of people waiting in line that had no idea who that person was. And "coincidentally" the third "mean" judge totally LOVED that person during the love show. My DH and I would never have picked them for the winner. It's still an awesome show, but has anyone else experienced the fix???

buzznwoodysmom
07-24-2011, 10:16 PM
We have been those "fans" before. In our experience that person did not win, or seem to get any special attention from any of the judges. So I don't think its fixed, at least not in that way.

Goofeygal
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Never have.

Awesome_guy
07-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I've considered this as well; we went to the final results show of the day... and were coached, pre-show, to cheer for a local. I wondered if that would (or was meant to) give her an edge.

The final result, though, was that she did not win. In fact, a Canadian won that day. I don't think that would be fixed, because I don't think Canadians are eligible for American Idol; so the dream ticket wouldn't be that helpful.

=),

Strmchsr
07-25-2011, 07:37 AM
While the part of the show you're talking about is meant to give a more "fun" experience with the show (after all, it's always more fun to have "fans" as if you've been competing for weeks) the show is definitely not fixed. One of my good friends is a casting director for the AIE. Results are all genuine.

Katzateer
07-25-2011, 07:56 AM
I know a girl that won so at least I know her win wasn't " fixed". She is now singing at Kings Island and is amazing

jsw123
07-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Good to hear. It just seemed bizarre that the girl selected for the "cheers" was also the only one the "mean" judge said he loved. Both times. And won. We totally didn't get why. It is a GREAT show -- totally gives you the American Idol feel!:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I thought the same thing, at least in my experience of the AIE. The girl that had the "fans" video was the one the judges were the nicest too, she also was one of the worst IMO. We thought for sure she was going to win, and if she did win I would have been positive it was fixed, luckily the good singer actually won.

Overall, I really loved the AIE and it seemed very much like being at the real AI. I will definitely go see it again on my upcoming trip in Jan.

Btw, my favorite thing I bought at DHS was at the gift shop outside of the AIE, it is a statue of a mickey hand holding a mic, and on the plaque it says "You're going to Hollywood!" :)